Board index » The Meeting Point » The Meeting Point: Dungeon Runs & Raids

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: [A/H] Dungeon runs
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:44 pm 
I've been thinking to organize low level dungeon runs for Elder players for some time now, and with Mists of Pandaria slowly winding down, I think it's time to kick this plan in motion. The idea is to start with low-level characters at level 15 and visit level appropriate dungeons once or twice a week with fellow Elders--bypassing dreaded LFG system--while having fun in low stress environment. This runs would go fo a couple of weeks or even a couple of months, depending on interest.

The main problem is that many of us already have character slots on The Sha'tar filled with characters we probably wouldn't want to delete just to make place for a low level one. A solution is to create characters on a different realm. I suggest either Steamwheedle Cartel Horde or Argent Dawn Alliance as I have characters there and can provide support. Steamwheedle Cartel is probably a better option as Argent Dawn occasional has queues during prime playtime. I could provide in-game money, bags and glyphs for new characters, and maybe we could establish a guild there.

To make these runs more interesting, I suggest that we make use of that "RP" in MMO RPG. :) We would create characters of the same race and then literally "roll" our roles and classes, similar to the process in older pen&paper roleplaying games. For example, we could create a group of Trolls of the Shatterspear tribe searching for a new home, or a group of Goblins plundering dungeons for profit, or maybe Dwarves of the 8th Ironforge Regiment deployed to protect Loch Modan, or even Gnomes trying to outhink and outsmart Goblins in pursuit of the most destructive explosive device in Azeroth. Then we would /roll to determine who would tank, heal and do damage, and then /roll for our classes. Gender, appearance and name would be freely customizable. (This is of course subject to change.)

I think the use of heirlooms is OK, altough I suggest not to use trinkets and weapons as they tend to be quite overpowered at low levels.

So yeah, let me know what you think. Are there any Elders interested in such activity?

Z

Ouja

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
 Post subject: Re: [A/H] Dungeon runs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:58 am 
I wish I had read this sooner, cause this is a terrific idea! (honestly, I didn't even think the forums are active anymore) I just started playing wow again and rolled an orc monk on Sha'tar. He's only level 13 so it wouldn't be a huge loss to jump into this, if others would be interested.

Ouja

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:31 pm 
Zamarane, if your seeing this before the facebook posts, go and check them out. This is totally happening, with a lot of folks interested.:)

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:14 am 
Ah, great to hear that the idea has garnered interest. I don't have access to Elders' FB so I don't know what exactly is happening there. It's good to see this kind of activity being alive and well, we've have had a couple of these initiatives on both factions in the past and they proved to be quite fun.

Ouja

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:35 am 
Ah, had a feeling you weren't in the fb group.:) Well, we decided to make troll alts and run dungeons. There are currently 13 players who've made alts and participating in this. I think we're about level 15ish currently so it would be easy to catch us up. So go on and make a troll too!:) We're on the sha'tar / moonglade server, so you can make a toon in the other one if you have no character slots in the other.

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:12 pm 
@Ouja Thanks, I'll join you shortly. :) Trolls are my favourite race anyway.

We have a group on Alliance too and we'd welcome a couple of victims, errr ... volunteers to help us plunder the riches. We plan to start this week and decide on race and other details. So if anybody is interested in dungeons on the blue side, please poke Bryanne/Anoush or Talvar.

Suzhara
Alliance Matron
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:14 pm 
I'm very interested, as you already know. I've made a new post about it in the FB group as well. Hopefully there will be more people joining us! :)

Ouja

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:34 pm 
Well, even though I would prefer us all to gather under one group, I can't say I wouldn't be interested in this is as well. Besides, I haven't done much alliance play anyhow.:p I might not be able to commit fully on both groups (a six week old and work keeps me plenty busy:) ) and for as long as the trolls are running I'll be sticking more to that. If this is okay with you guys, I'd love to join you!

When you guys get the ball rolling, do post about it and I'll try to be there!

p.s. Go make a troll too! Seriously, the group is awesome. We're pretty low level still and we're not leveling that fast so it would still be easy to catch us. And we will wait if you do.:)

Suzhara
Alliance Matron
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:50 pm 
We decided to have a meeting about the details for our Alliance low level dungeon group tomorrow evening, that is April 4th, 20:00 server time.

Suzhara
Alliance Matron
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:57 pm 
We decided on a race for our little band of adventures. We're dwarves, because dwarves are awesome. If anyone has the time, we're planning to meet tomorrow evening (April 5th) again. Come, join us! :)

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:14 pm 
Alliance group got the "official" weekly event: every Monday around 19.30 server time we will do several runs. Of course, dungeon adventures outside this event are encouraged as well. The event is here for people who prefer to plan ahead instead to wait online for group to form. The consensus was not to use heirlooms for now.

After we plunder the riches, we could go and have a drink in a tavern in Ironforge, and conclude the pillaging with some light RP. (I suspect our healer drinks not because they roleplay, but because our tank usually pulls half the instance.)

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:23 am 
Meh. My gaming computer has gone titsup, so I won't be able to join you until I reanimate it. :x

Suzhara
Alliance Matron
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:24 pm 
Oh no! I hope it's an easy fix! We've done a few adventures without you and I hope you can join us again soon!

We set our next adventure for Wednesday, April 30th, 19:30 sever time! :)

Board index » The Meeting Point » The Meeting Point: Dungeon Runs & Raids