Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: [A] LFR runs every Monday
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:20 pm 
Hi Elders.

I'll organise LFR T14 runs on Alliance every Thursday starting around 7.30pm (19.30) server time. Everybody is welcome as long as they have a functioning talent spec and are able to step out of the fire. :) Please note that Mogu'shan Vaults require item level 460 as minimum, and Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring require previous raids to be completed and item level 470. I'll put events in the guild calendar as well. Our first run is this Thursday, March 14th.

Signups are not necessary and we will go no matter how many people show up. If you have any friends, bring them as well. I'll cook stat food and prepare flasks if I have herbs. Please read about fights beforehand, nice starting points are No Life at 90 and Salts Dude, especially if you show up as a tank. Fights are simple enough, no mad l33t raiding skillz are necessary.

Suzhara, Cassandra/Lorael and me have done a couple of runs already.

I'm looking forward to kick some mogu and mantid rear ends with you!

Zamarane/Bryanne

(If you have an FB account, please make a post there and link to this thread.)

Last edited by Zamarane on Fri May 10, 2013 1:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: Re: [A] LFR T14 runs every Thursday
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:19 pm 
Next two events:

* Monday, March 18th 2013 at 7.00pm (19.00) server time: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring LFR.
* Thursday, March 21st 2013 at 7.00pm (19.00) server time: Mogu'shan Vaults and Heart of Fear LFR.

We'll check if Sha of Anger and Galleon are up and fight them too.

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:16 pm 
Our next run will be on Thursday, March 28th at 7pm (19.00) server time. On the menu are Mogu'shan Vaults and Heart of Fear. The run will last no more than two hours. I'll supply some flasks, potions and banquets.

Many thanks to Suzhara and Talvar who are regular participants. :)

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:26 pm 
Next run is planned for Thursday, April 4th at 7pm (19.00) server time. We will visit Mogu'shan Vaults and Heart of Fear Part II or Terrace of Endless Spring, depending how much time we'll have. The run will last for about two hours. I'll supply some flasks, potions and buff food.

In the future, we will also raid Throne of Thunder instances since some of our members outgear T14 a little. We will run Mogu'shan Vaults only if somebody needs it, and Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring will become our default destinations.

Edit: modified second paragraph to reflect changed plans.

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:30 pm 
We'll do next bunch of LFR raids on Thursday, April 11th at 7pm (19.00) server time. On menu are Mogu'shan Vaults for the first part of Wrathion's legendary quest chain and Terrace of Endless Spring. The runs are scheduled to last around two hours. I'll provide flasks, health potions and banquets. Supplemental run to clear the rest of T14 will happen on Monday, April 15th at 7pm (19.00) server time.

On Thursday, April 18th, we will visit the first two parts of Throne of Thunder: Last Stand of the Zandalari and Forgotten Depths. As fights there tend to be more complex and we can't outgear them just yet, please take a look at No Life at 90 and Wowhead to see how the boss fights work. Later, we will have a look at Halls of Flesh-Shaping too, to meet Durumu and Dark Animus--two notorious LFR killers--in person. Use this time to get some gear upgrades and gold for repair costs! :mrgreen:

Suzhara
Alliance Matron
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:20 am 
Thanks for organizing all the runs, it has been a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to all the future runs! :)

I think I will make a post about it in the FB group as well! :)

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: Re: [A] LFR runs every Thursday
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:09 am 
Thanks Suzhara. I'm glad you enjoy them and I hope there will be many more runs with Elders in the next couple of months. :)

Our next run is scheduled for Thursday, April 18th at 7pm (19.00) server time. Depending on group setup, we may visit the first two instances in Throne of Thunder, or we may go and visit good ole' T14 for fun, VPs, sigils and gear upgrades. If we don't do T15 on Thursday, we'll go there on Monday, April 22nd at 7pm (19.00) server time.

I won't organise LFR runs on Thursday, May 2nd and Monday, May 6th. We'll be back to our normal schedule on Thursday, May 9th.

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:25 am 
A quick update: on Thursday, April 25th at 7pm (19.00) server time, we'll take another peek at Throne of Thunder or go stomp Mogu'shan Vaults + Terrace of Endless Spring, depending on our team. There will be an "unofficial" supplemental run on Monday, April 29th at 7pm (19.00) server time as well to clear the rest of T14.

There won't be any organised LFR runs on Thursday, May 2nd and Monday, May 6th as we'll take a short break.

After that, we'll change the format of our adventures a little. We'll have only one LFR run per week, most probably on Friday or Monday. Currently, two LFR runs per week on a strict schedule are a little taxing for our members. I'm currently making plans to replace the second LFR run with something different. I'll write more about it in a week.

Pryderic
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:12 pm 
I should really do more levelling on my Alli toon but I'm currently addicted to my DK. Great to see that lots guild runs are happening :)

Fingers crossed I get more time on the Alli side. Particularly next week. I might have some free time to play more Wow.

Cheers,

Pryd

Tripellian (Troll Druid)

Alliance:
Erinthia (Draenei Shaman)

Pryderic is son of the exiled witch Rhiannon born and raised in The Dustwallow Marsh now resurrected.

Suzhara
Alliance Matron
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:58 pm 
One organized LFR run per week sounds good! I prefer Monday (or Friday), although the Thursday runs were good for me too.

Last Thursday (May 2nd) we had a little dungeon fun with our low level toons (around 50). That was fun as well. Even though we managed to get the same random dungeon for at lest three times in a row.

Just a heads up from my side; I won't be able to join any runs from May 9h - 12th since I'm away. I'm in Germany for a SciFi convention. :)
(I may not be able to join on Monday 13th either, depends on how tired I am from the weekend. ;))

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:59 am 
Thanks for the feedback, Suzhara. :)

The current plan is to have one organized LFR run per week, as it currently stands this will be on Mondays. The runs will last for at least two hours, but if we can go longer, than we will. Our destination will depend who joins us, we will usually go where the majority of Elders can go, so will will have to be flexible. This probably means T14 instances will be on menu in one form or another for some time.

Our first LFR adventure in this format will happen on Monday, May 13th at 7.00 pm (19.00) server time. I'll provide flasks, potions and feasts for our adventurers.

Why not go all out for Throne of Thunder? There's one important deciding factor: time. T15 instances are usually more complex than T14 in the sense that executing proper tactics is more important than gear (Durumu says hello), and we can't just outgear T15 as easily as T14 to compensate for proper execution, or lack thereof. This fact leads to an interesting effects: T15 instance runs, especially Part Three and Part Four, last longer than T14 runs. This leads to longer queue times too. This problem is especially apparent at Lei Shen, where the full clear of Pinnacle of Storms can easily last for two hours if we're unlucky.

Blizz have already nerfed several bosses in Throne of Thunder LFR, and I believe Lei Shen will get another slap soon. Until LFR runners can kill him as easily as we can kill Will of the Emperor or The Empress, Pinnacle of Storms will hardly be worth our time beyond the purposes of actually seeing the Thunder King in person.

So, my suggestion is as follows: if we go to Throne of Thunder, we will try to complete the achievement for Part Two and unlock Part Three. When we achieve this, we will run Part Three (Halls of Flesh-Shaping) and Part Four (Pinnacle of Storms) once to see those places. After this is done, we will go there only if we feel adventurous enough. I don't think that spending 30 mins in queue and then another hour and half in Pinnacle of Storms to get five stacks of Determination and fully clear the place is the best use of our time. I suggest that we continue to run Last Stand of the Zandalari and Forgotten Depths as they're quick to clear, especially Part One. If our LFR runs are the primary source of your T15 LFR gear and Shado-Pan Assault rep, please plan your gear purchases accordingly.

I still may throw an occasionally curveball and queue us for Pinnacle of Storms, so be prepared. :mrgreen:

Please provide your feedback via this thread. You can also send me an e-mail, or contact me in-game if you prefer to do so.

Edit: typos & grammar.

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: Re: [A] LFR runs every Monday
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:16 pm 
Unfortunately, it seems that our organized LFR runs have come to an end. Interest has been low for some time now and I don't think there's much point to continue at this time. I'll reboot them once Siege of Orgrimmar LFR comes to lives servers. Until then, we may have a spontaneous Throne of Thunder run here and there, but nothing formally organized.

Big thanks to all people who had attended the runs and made them possible, especially Suzhara and Talvar. :)

Suzhara
Alliance Matron
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: Re: [A] LFR runs every Monday
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:25 pm 
And thanks to you for organizing it every week, it was very much appreciated! :)

Board index » The Meeting Point » The Meeting Point: Dungeon Runs & Raids