Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Artisan Scribe
Artisan Scribe
 Post subject: Urohe's words
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:15 pm 
Urohe's words

I am the ancient. I am the land.

I have seen countless dawns in the plains of Mulgore, when the stars dwindle and the silver face of the Earth Mother sinks in the horizon. My mane is no longer dark brown as in my younger days, but turning gray as the great clouds filled with rain.

I seek the wisdom of my ancestors, those who during generations scouted the plains of the Barrens in search of game. The Great Hunt for the Kodo. The Rite. I am a warrior of the Shu'halo. Proud of our traditions. We fight for the Earth Mother, to preserve her ways. I have seen destruction and pain when we forget their teachings. I have seen young Tauren following the way of Anger. Earth Mother is brutal, Earth Mother is savage. But she is also pure as the wind that combs the plains of Mulgore in an early winter morning.

I realize that it is the time of Men. They bring their machines, their weapons of steel. They build cities of stone where they collect knowledge in the form of written words. We, the Shu'halo, cannot, desire not, join them in their pursue of progress. They will inherit the world and make it theirs.

The Spirits of the earth, air and water grow silent. It is foretold by our ancients that we will one day diminish. Some of the younger raise and say Stand and Figth!, but I say Will it make a difference in the long run? I will not see the villages the Shu'halo raided and burned in meaningless war.

We will diminish, we will dwindle, but we will remain true to our ways.

I am a Urohe Rivermane, Warrior of the Shu'halo.

(( OOC. Urohe was actually one of my alliance chars, a human warrior, that had not been played for around a year. Since the "conversion" to the Horde, I had to kind of find a suitable concept for him. This is what I came with :)

My chars from now on:

Doctor Theodomeus Agrippa, Physician and avid collector of Books
Urohe Rivermane, Warrior of the Shu'halo

))

Board index » Show and Tell » Show and Tell: Stories and Poems