Board index » Show and Tell » Show and Tell: Stories and Poems

Magrath
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Newcomer
Newcomer
 Post subject: Magrath of The Forsaken
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:33 am 
Hi, let me introduce Magrath of the Forsaken, a new pacifist alt of Amadaze.

Awakening to a blinding light and a terrible pain like being scorched in fire Magrath blinked and opened his eyes. Where was he? Standing on a dank dark hillside in a cemetery in a place rather worryingly called Deathknell Magrath looked around and had no idea where he was or how he got here. Memories flitted through his head - he checked - thankfully he still had a head as some of those around him seemed to be missing what would normally be considered vital parts of the human anatomy for life. The main feeling he had was of great sadness - he was travelling somewhere - his home, yes to attend the birth of his first child. He was almost there, although at this point he couldn't remember where that was, when . . . and then the terrible realisation came to him - he was killed. Out of the bright sun lying low on the horizon came, he struggled to remember but a hunting party of some sort filled with bloodlust from their battles. He was simply in there way, he posed no threat but he was senselessly mown down in their rage and fury. He never made it home, he never saw his wife or newborn child. Indeed he knew not whether they were alive or had perished a similar senseless death as he.

But there was more he had horrible memories after that of terrible deeds committed in the name of a great lord from the land of ice far to the north. These memories he would rather not dwell on and he wished he could banish them and replace them with the unanswered questions he had of his lost wife and child.

And then this awakening, as part of The Forsaken and a chance to join the forces of The Horde in their endless battle against a new enemy he knew little of. But he was horrified at what had befallen him, he knew not who his enemies were or if they deserved his wrath. He simply wanted to find his family though he knew not where they were or indeed if they were still alive. Indeed with his terrible memories of being a part of the Sourge he didn't know how long ago it was that he had fallen on his path to return home to what should have been the most joyous day of his life.

So he swore never to kill another living creature, to protect life where he could no matter who or what they were. On awakening he had been given several choices of what role he could play in the Forsaken's alliance with the Horde so it seemed his only choice was to be a priest and to help heal rather than kill.

He felt all alone but wait a bundle was waiting for him, a package containing several powerful robes and some gold from an Orc called Amadaze. He had no idea who this was or why he should have sent this gift - perhaps he had been in that hunting party that killed him but he had no way of knowing this. Regardless of this at least he knew there was someone in this world who was watching out for him, who supported his choice of being a pacifist. With that thought giving him hope for the future Magrath strode out toward The Undercity leaving behind the grizzly tasks he had been offered to do for his initiation.

Amadaze
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Expert Scribe
Expert Scribe
 Post subject: Re: Magrath of The Forsaken
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:08 pm 
Oh dear I've messed this up. Was going along really well - level 12 - zero kills and remarkably zero deaths. I was doing that quest chain where you have to investigate the cabin on the boat, follow the spiders, interrupt the argument etc. But then I got to the bit @ the Ruins of Lordearon and realised when the elemental was conjured that I'd have to back out. However right at that point another player set his version off, I had used Psychic Scream so I could get away unscathed but they killed both his & my elementals - I guess he wasn't to know I was playing as a pacifist. Result - I now have 2 kills :-(

I tried asking Blizzard if they could reset this but there answer was no. So I'm in a bit of a quandary - do I continue with this blemish, give up or start again.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Sull
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:21 pm 
Im afraid it will be a delete and re roll. The same thing happened to me with my druid and Blizzard refused to take the kill stat away, I even offered to drop a level if they took it off me but they said no.

Amadaze
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Expert Scribe
Expert Scribe
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:06 pm 
Sull,

Yeah I guess so although I'm not feeling motivated to do that just yet. I have enjoyed playing Magrath as a pacifist so far but I'm not sure it's worth the time to re-roll every time something like this happens. I'll think about it.

Amadaze
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Expert Scribe
Expert Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:26 pm 
Oh I give in - I'll give him another go.

Board index » Show and Tell » Show and Tell: Stories and Poems