It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:55 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics All times are UTC + 1 hour
Board index » Show and Tell » Show and Tell: Guild Events

Lahu
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: Hang-out place for guildies?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:36 pm 
Hi, I’m not sure where to post this, so please forgive me if it’s in the wrong section of the forums.

First of all, I’m relatively new so pleased to meet you all. :) I hope to write a proper introduction to my character (and maybe one for an alt) some time soon.

I had a chat with Brambline recently about the idea of having a sort of “base”, or, if it sounds too disciplined, a regular hang-out place for the guildies. I’m also in the Lightsworn on Alliance and they used to have regular meetings or often just spontaneous RP at Menethil Keep in the Wetlands, before it was destroyed and they moved to Theramore in Dustwallow Marsh.

The guild is human/paladin based (although there are many non-humans in it) so ICly it fit very well. Since as far as I know, the Elders is not centered around a specific race, it may be harder to find a suitable place for us. Presumably somebody has written some kind of backstory for the guild, which I am looking very much forward to read some time. Since I haven’t yet been to any of our meetings, I don’t know what is usually discussed ICly. But I think it can help to get some ideas, in case some of you think this proposal is a good idea.

For example, if we do a lot of diplomatic stuff between factions (or even between Horde and Alliance), we should settle in a neutral place in neutral territory, but where there still quite a bit of traffic. If not everybody is pro-Garrosh (which Lahu certainly isn’t) then it wouldn’t be a good idea to meet in Orgrimmar or at some Orc stronghold. The same could be said of the Forsaken, etc.

If conversations are more mission-oriented, then a military outpost might be more suitable. If we’re more a bunch of REDs (retired, armed and dangerous :)), then yeah who knows?

Silvermoon is a lovely place, but there is too much shady stuff going on and it may be a long journey for some people. But I don’t reject it altogether.

The young and brash orcs among us may feel uncomfortable and unwelcome in Thunder Bluff, seeing as Garrosh killed their beloved leader. The trolls and Forsaken are not on their best terms with Garrosh as well. So most probably it would be best to stay away from a capital city.

But before this turns into an essay, let me get the ball rolling!

Ratchet sounds like a nice place for “elders” to hang out? Somebody else has proposed Booty Bay. But I get the feeling that PVPers grinding for that silly achievement overrun the place quite frequently.

Your suggestions are welcome!

Lahu

Main Alliance character Laemadae on Argent Dawn

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject: Re: Hang-out place for guildies?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:39 pm 
Hi Lahu,

We now officially have the Elders hotspots all sorted out. Please check this thread :-) We've already had a party there too which brought members of both factions. (and for those who were worried they missed the news about a party, it was a completely sponatneous thing so not to worry. Speaking of parties, I was thinking that a Valentines Party on the 14th might be nice :).

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=253

WoW:
Horde: Brambline [GM], Jezaline, Brula, Gruzie, Bita
Alliance: Lulai [GM], Shalestina, Felunia, Ferocia, Belaguine, Saphireena, Grunilla, Mitisa, Fasha, Ferabine

Lahu
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:55 pm 
Hey Brambline,

Thanks, and wow I got it spot-on with my Ratchet suggestion! :mrgreen: Zigglix will surely blend in there at least :)

I'll stroll in town with Lahu occasionally looking for eg. somebody to buy some herbs (you can always get a deal with a goblin, eventually) and to have a bit of a rest. It can also be his usual route to Eastern Kingdoms when he's going that way. Would be nice to meet up with a few Elders there.

Cheers,

Lahu

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:06 pm 
You sure did :-).

Oh and as for the guild history and backstory, here is more on the RP mentalty of the guild:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12

I wrote that 2 years ago when the guild first started, but considering that the guild has already had a chance to gather a bit of light history in that time... I could actually think about making a history page as well :-).

WoW:
Horde: Brambline [GM], Jezaline, Brula, Gruzie, Bita
Alliance: Lulai [GM], Shalestina, Felunia, Ferocia, Belaguine, Saphireena, Grunilla, Mitisa, Fasha, Ferabine

Lahu
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:12 pm 
Thanks for the link 8)

Board index » Show and Tell » Show and Tell: Guild Events