Norten -- Undead DK (85)
Sonjha -- Undead Mage (85)

Zhyr -- Nelf Warrior (81)

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: Re: uuh - parallel unverse ?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:58 pm 
The Elders are an old and respected guild originating from Argent EU in Rift. They wanted the name for GW2 too, but Brambline was faster. Woohoo Bramb! \o/

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject: Re: uuh - parallel unverse ?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:58 pm 
Haha yeah, I get asked that alot whether we're "the one from Rift". :-) The good news is:

a) Apparently they're more about raiding and not so much about RP - so at least we're not competing for the same people
b) As much as I get asked whether we're the one from Rift, I also get asked just as much, if not more so whether we're the one from Sha'tar or SWTOR.

But yeah it's a funny coincidence, although not surprising. I mean it's not as if the Elders is entirely unique. I think if our guild name was something like "The Fluffy Pink Kittens from Hell" it'd be different :).

And yeah I was quick! I was pressing logon for about 20 minutes over and over before the server even opened. And taking into consideration the extra couple of hours that they opened earlier than announced. As soon as I got in, I quickly made a character, didn't customize at all (Brambline started off as a male haha), rushed through the first couple quests to get the 1 silver together and nailed it! My heart was pounding, I can tell ya! Especially since someone had already made another elders guild during beta testing - must have been these rift dudes and dudettes.

As some of you know, the excitement did not end there. After rolling some alts and inviting a whole bunch of you, and most importantly promoting you to titles which could invite (lesson learned from swtor), I finally deleted the "rubbish" brambline to make a proper one. Logged on, all was fine and decided to hit bed.

I'd been up all night waiting for the big moment so I basically slept all during launch day and woke up around 6 pm. Logged on and found myself...

... guildless...

The only thing I could see in the guild window was the possibility to either join or CREATE a guild. So I tried making a new Elders and of course, the name had already been reserved. My heart sank, thinking that something had been messed up, that perhaps deleting the original "rubbish" Brambline had made us lose the guild and that now the other group had gone and taken the name. I was heartbroken. And as many of you know I managed to lose our guild in SWTOR as well when it opened, for completely different reasons!

It would only be later that I would find out that:

a) it had nothing to do with deleting the first brambline since my status as a GM was an account wide thing, all my alts were GMs too
b) that no-one had taken our guild name, that the very guild I had created in the morning did still exist and that were were all there - myself included
c) that in fact, this was a bug relating to a server restart or reset that they had done while I was sleeping and that many many other GMs were going through the exact same thing
d) that all you guys were snug as a bug in the guild no problemo and could even see me in the roster, I just couldn't see you or the guild

Man I was so relieved when all that mess was over haha!

Board index » Discussion » Discussion: General Chat [public]