It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:56 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics All times are UTC + 1 hour
Board index » Discussion » Discussion: General Chat [public]

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject: Re: Goldshire has moved!!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:45 am 
Heya Odi, not sure if you were around or not but I was around in the early evening, then went for what was supposed to be a short nap
but ended up sleeping until around midnight your time! Logged on after that but haven't seen you around.

Were you able to find New Goldshire?

Odiun
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:38 am 
I was for a while, still have trouble with attacking stuff. I was following a zombie for a couple a minutes trying to figure out how to attack it untill some guy on a horse gave me a ton of gold. I thanked him, picked all the gold and... couldnt move so i dropped most of it and started running back and forth to the bank moving all that fortune bit by bit. Then while i was at the bank for like 10th time someone came by and took all the rest that was lying near that poor old zombie. After that I went back to town and bought myself a shield, went back to the zombie, still couldnt attack it so I gave up and started playing WoW instead :lol:

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:38 am 
Ah well if you look at the paperdoll, there is a War button on the bottom right. This will put you in attack mode :-). I know there is some way to do it through the mouse as well but I never remember, I know there is though because sometimes I do it by mistake and have to turn off the war mode manually from the paperdoll. :-P Might actually be the tab button, not sure cause I don't have UO on my work machine so I can't test.

And nice experience with the gold! A hint for carrying heavy stuff, what most of us would do in that situation is "leap frog" it somewhere safe. For instance you could hide it behind the trunk of a tree or behind a bush or house. You'll just need to set the circle of transparency in a macro first so you can turn transparency on and off to see behind stuff.

If you go to options, on the bottom left is a button for macros. I recommend deleting all of the default macros because they're not very good. Better to make your own.

What I use for circle of transparency is F1 because it's needed on a constant basis in UO.

Oh and a big difference in UO and other MMOS is about how the monsters attack. First of all you can pretty much out run any monster, so this allows even newbies to go into rather dangerous areas and explore as long as they stay a long enough distance away. Like in WoW if a level 1 were to go into any high level area they would die in a fraction of a second. Like there's just no chance, but UO is different. So if you have to run through an area with monsters in it, don't worry about "killing your way through", no need, just run.

Jeplin
Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:19 pm 
I might find myself wandering up that way during this weekend/next week
Hoping to rent a room off ya!

Going to give it a go for a week or two :)

WOW (Inactive)
Alliance------Jeplin.Murnagan,Tipween,Glanwick
Horde ------Glyne,Fostern

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:46 pm 
Ooooh! Well I think I'll set up a starter guide then. :) Lots of little things that are good to know when first starting out.

Odiun
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:41 am 
Im gonna put this game aside and go back to WoW untill SWOTOR comes out. Didnt mind the graphics, I still play alot of old games and I try to keep an open mind but I just couldnt get into this one. Sorry Bramb :(

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:48 am 
No worries Odi, I'm used to it *grins*. We never did get to meet up in the game but that probably would not have helped anyhow. UO is a game you either get or you don't. The reason I don't give up trying to show it to people is because I know it can't just be me who gets it. EA would not be running and developing this game, coming out with expansions etc unless there were a considerable amount of people who play and pay for it. It's just a matter of finding those people.

Board index » Discussion » Discussion: General Chat [public]