Board index » Discussion » Discussion: General Chat [public]

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject: Star Wars the Old Republic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:30 pm 
Thanks to Zamarane's "heads up" message to me about how Star Wars The Old Republic is already getting the guild stuff into gear, I went and created The Elders and Elders! Thanks so much for alerting me to this Zam!!

I've matched the alliance to be consistent with what we have in WoW, so red/evil and blue/good sides are named the same. Server choice: RP / Europe.

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/13572/elders/

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/13596/elders/

More info about this here: http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110309

Greeble
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Newcomer
Newcomer
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:13 am 
Oh. I'm very interested in this, I didn't realise it was started yet, or is it an open beta?

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:20 am 
When you register, they ask if you'd be interested in taking part in the beta (I chose not to this time round). But yeah as far as I know the beta isn't on yet. They just opened up guild management on the website is all. So guild masters can create guilds beforehand, and people can join them as well. I just wanted to get our guild names reserved in time (just to be on the safe side).

Lyrael

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:41 pm 
This is pretty interesting, nice idea on their part.

These days, mostly due to RL and taking a short break from WoW, I am not much online. Nonetheless, after seeing the interest in LOTRO from some of us and now this thread, I was wondering if in some ways The Elders could become a little more like a cross-game guild for us "oldies". I think anyone of us after making the experience of a guild like this, so fitting to our needs, is hardly happy to give up on such formula when trying out a new game. As an example, these days I considered the possibility of giving RIFT a try, but the idea of starting out a new MMO without a guild like The Elders was quite hard to accept.
I understand that such direction is potentially demanding and confusing, and I have obviously no expectation for this to become a full fledge reality, but still, I have to say that while thinking of it, it looked desiderable in many ways.. :)

SWTOR (suspended)
Republic: Lyrael | Sith: Alesthes
WoW (suspended)
Horde: Azrael, Aenerys | Alliance: Eluthien, Anathiel

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:31 pm 
Oh no no Lyrael, you're completely on the right track! This is exactly what we've been talking about with the guildies. I think if we had guilds spreading all over the MMOs, it would only make us stronger - giving us a way to "stay together" and yet enjoy different games. Even though it would mean that some of our WoW members would go to other games, on the other hand I'm sure we'd get new members from those games as well. So it's all good.

The only games I'm interested in being a guild leader right now are WoW and Star Wars the Old republic, so if anyone feels like starting up more Elders guilds in other games, please feel free to. I'll be happy to set up forum sections for y'all as well and help in any way I can.

And Lyrael, I couldn't think of anyone better to be representing us in Rift :-).

Lahu
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:03 am 
This is a cool idea, having Elders in different games, nice way to keep in touch. :D Although I have a thought about the battle.net RealID thing, RealID friends are at least in theory supposed to be able to communicate with each other across different games right? Now what if they could extend that to also include guild members, so that you don't have to have access to the personal email address of the people involved?

Main Alliance character Laemadae on Argent Dawn

Board index » Discussion » Discussion: General Chat [public]