It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:14 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics All times are UTC + 1 hour
Board index » Discussion » Discussion: General Chat [public]

Pryderic
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: Pryderic / Tripellian general progress ramblings...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:00 pm 
Hi all,

This is just me doing a general rambling of how my toons are progressing...

Pryderic is just about to ding 35 which means he'll have done three levels this past weekend Woot! I've been questing in Revantusk Village and that area for the first time ever which was pretty cool. Lots of quests to stack up and relatively easy. I've got a couple of quests to turn in at Botty Bay when I finish this last couple of quests in the area or I might be sent up to Alteric Mountains/Chillwind. The new quest lines are great and making you head off to new areas which is awsome! When I eventually hit 42 anyone in the guild needing a teleport from 1 city to another can have it free from me as long as I'm not in the middle of doing a whole load of quests.

Tripellian is progressing slowly, only level 4 at the moment but it's my first time playing a druid so it'll take some getting used to. He's sort of lower priority than Pryderic but I'm hoping to do some more work on him so he can head up to Rachet and I think you only have to be level 10 or something for that area.

Addons. Anyone know of an addon for making notes on people. There's loads of you with whom i've had lovely chats with and then a couple of hours later I forget who I was chatting to and wish there was more of an in-game note system besides adding to friend and then adding a note. (e.g. There's someone in the guild I was chatting to the other week who's also in Leeds like me but I can't remember his toon name. The same goes for even this morning chatting to someone (I think the name had a "y" in it) about jarlsberg cheese etc.. I'm not loosing my memory or anything just get info overload at work etc and it's like "Damn, who was it I was talking to earlier..." and then by 7pm GMT tonight when I get online to play some I'll still be none the wiser...

Jeez, I didn't mean to go on that much about a notes addon... I'm in a talkative mood I guess.

Here's some useful stuff:

There's a cool WOW interactive map at: http://mapwow.com/
**You can even get it to show you specific herb / ore locations.**

General account notes

I'm not using any addons since 4.0 came out though open to suggestions or a list of "Must have's"

My Current version is upto and includign Wrath. I'm hoping to get Cata when I get paid in a week though more pre-pay time is a priority.

Well, that's about it. This will probably be a never ending thread...

P.S. Keep an eye out on http://www.juunoscorner.podbean.com for Episode 4 to come out. Probably this week. I've emailed in a 2 1/2 minute voice message for the Podcast. (I go by the name Rigarmorty in introduction but also mention being Pryderic in this guild. Rigarmorty correlates to my US Account main toon name though these days I'm pretty much never on US Servers now that I'm addicted to The Elders.) It's a pretty cool show and only really mentions WOW slightly but I'm a huge fan of the host Juuno :)

Until next time... xx

Tripellian (Troll Druid)

Alliance:
Erinthia (Draenei Shaman)

Pryderic is son of the exiled witch Rhiannon born and raised in The Dustwallow Marsh now resurrected.

Pryderic
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: Re: Pryderic / Tripellian general progress ramblings...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:29 pm 
(continued)... Wednesday today :) Server down this morning :(

I managed to ding 39 last night and can't wait for the faster riding speed. I think I read somewhere about getting a mount for being exalted with UC but as I'm Undead I can just buy the same mount anyway or is it just a cloak you can buy especially for being exalted...

Loving the Plaguelands, stranged plagued place :) Not on tonight as I've got college for 3 hours though back on in the morning.

Anyway, not much else to report at the moment. Will be instalilng OmniCC and ButtonTimers later for cooldowns oh and Omen to so I can watch threat.

Next priority Farming lower level herbs to bring my inscription up to next level. I'm like 30 points below 150.

cya
Pryd....

Tripellian (Troll Druid)

Alliance:

Pryderic is son of the exiled witch Rhiannon born and raised in The Dustwallow Marsh now resurrected.

Pryderic
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:45 pm 
Update time :) ... In the last six days I've jumped from level 39 to 47 :P ... Not been pressing hard to level just progressing. I did lots of quests in Eastern Plagueland but want to go back there to get the quest area achievement. I've been questing in Badlands and nearly finished there though there has been a few hard dragons to kill :P I got the Badlands area questing Achivement last night and the Push The Goat off the cliff Achivement the day beforehand.

I've loving everyone in the guild, your all awsome! Need to do some herbs farming to make some glyphs and get my inscription a bit more in line with my level but that won't take long...

I've done a few voice things for a couple of upcoming podcasts. I did an "Wow Cafe Food Segment" for The Addicted Cast which'll be on Episode 79 when it comes out after this coming weekend www.theaddictedcast.com which is quite funny.
I'm tonight recording a short skit with Matt Diox for an audio submission to the Ctrl Alt Wow Podcast for their 200th episode recorded this coming weekend. www.ctrlaltwow.com

If you'd like to hear these but don't want to have to listen to the podcast just PM Me an email address for you and I'll send it :P Failing that I'll tell you what minute mark on the podcast my recording starts getting played :P

Had to get rid of OminiCC and ButtonTimers and Omen last night as it was playing up a bit on my machine though I think that'll go away when I finish in the Badlands. The machine I use in the evening is only an Intel Centrino 1gig ram laptop on the 2nd floor in our double fronted terrace house so it's quite aways from the wireless access point and below the recommended for Cata but it seems to play ok since I turned off Shadows and Glow effect.

That's about it at the moment... Work is kinda quiet as the people who work outside my office door seem to be no longer on speaking terms with me. Which is fine really, I can just absorb myself in my work and podcasts to keep me going through the day.... Bit of a Wet day in Leeds!

Speak soon!

Pryderic

Tripellian (Troll Druid)

Alliance:

Naohe
Alliance Matron
<The Elders>

Artisan Scribe
Artisan Scribe
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:52 pm 
Hmm progress ramblings...I like the idea, might steal it :) fun read.

Pryderic
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:52 pm 
Lol.. Glad you like it! Feel free to steal the idea... I needed somewhere to just ramble on about what I've been upto etc...

Tripellian (Troll Druid)

Alliance:

Pryderic
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:18 pm 
Time for another update...

Pryderic is now level 52! Yay! I brought my professsions up a little bit but will have to do some more. What I need to do is farm some wool so I can get my FirstAid the last 4 points before I can do Silk bandages. I've got so much silk it's filled my bank completely and half of my bags. I'm looking into a gathering profession addon...

Burning Steps is pretty cool looking and quests there are quite fun though to an extent. There's still lots of "kill this for this and that for that" type quests. Will be interesting where I get sent after that.

Not been running instances as of late but I would like to crack on with some in the near future and I'll probably pick up Archeology when I ding 60 and have enough for the flying mount. Should get myself into a few more battlegrounds for the experience and guild rep :P

On a different note, I've created an alliance toon, Yep, at long last. It's a Worgen Druid I started. He's called Thalimar. He's level 7 at the moment and not yet in guild so when I next find someone on to add me that'll be cool :P

Not much else to report at the moment. RL is a little hectic and work is tedious. (I spent 5 hours working on 1 spreadsheet yesterday).

More updates to follow :P

Tripellian (Troll Druid)

Alliance:

Pryderic
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:41 am 
Another update... Dinged 56 this morning and finished questing in Flaming Steppes and got a Tiny FlameFly pet :)

http://www.wowhead.com/item=66080/tiny- ... creenshots

I've now moved on to the Swamp Of Sorrows which presumably will take me up to 60 before being sent off to Outlands. It'll be interesting to see how I'm directed there as so far with the new quests lines you actually get sent to your next place to go which is awsome. I expect an NPC will tell me to meet someone in origammar if the portal is still there or I might even get teleported.

I managed to get on for two hours this morning before work which was cool and I should be on from around 18:30 - 20:30 server time.

Still need to get my Worgen Druid into the Alliance Elders Guild but that'll happen before long.

Not much else to add at the moment, just happy I got the Flamefly pet. Fairly easy to get. You have to collect like 10 of them in this molten rock area that has quite a few Firlings what are quite easy to kill.

... more to follow :P

Tripellian (Troll Druid)

Alliance:

Damkina
Initiate
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:45 am 
A bit on the side but if you need a hand in outland with anything I got a warrior stuck there I don't know what to do with :lol:

Pryderic
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:17 pm 
Cool thanks Damkina! I've only levelled through there once before so i'm sure I'll be calling on your help at some point :P

I only just figured out that the Blasted Lands are just next to the Swamp Of Sorrows so that's where I'll be teleporting through.

At least there's a 20% reduction that was done in the experience to get through outlands. :)

I was going to say, you could park your warrior at the Guild house but I hadn't read through the Brainstorming Thread in the members forum and one hasn't been allocated in Outlands :P

Ugh, back to work :(

Tripellian (Troll Druid)

Alliance:

Pryderic
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:31 pm 
Hi all!

As I'm starting to write more and more here it's given me something to write about. So along with posting in here I will be posting the same toon updates etc on a blogspot page. Same stuff just public.

http://pryderic.blogspot.com

Pryderic
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:45 pm 
Sorry it's been a bit since my last entry here. Just a quick update really but hoping to get a lengthy one out on my blog page.

Pryderic is now 68. The wonderfully awsome Kiithia is helping me do the elites etc in Shatt so I'm only playing him when she's on at the moment so I click on the right people in the city and then proceed to doing the area quests before moving to Northrend.

Tripellian - Not much progress on him. Have done a few more quests in the starting area but I'll eventually get him round to ratchet.

NEW TOON! Created an Alliance alt. She's a Drenai Female Shaman called Erinthia and she's a member of the guild on the Alliance side :) She's around level 7 I think. First time playing a shaman, first time playing a female toon and first time playing alliance so that'll be fun!

Oh and a massive Big Up to Dalilla! She's sent me some gifts and was a warm welcome along with everyone else in on the Alliance side.

I didn't get on a great deal over the weekend but should be on for a couple of hours tonight. I've posted a load of screen shots on my blog page.

Right, meant to actually be doing work at work tehe.. More to follow as always xxx

Tripellian (Troll Druid)

Alliance:

Pryderic
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:37 pm 
Updated my signature :P

Tripellian (Troll Druid)

Alliance:

Pryderic
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:07 pm 
Hi all! Just a bit of an update. Pryderic is now in Northrend getting my tail kicked but happy I've moved on from Outlands still level 68 though.

Golkjin my Troll Shaman is level 20 now and riding around on a bouncy raptor :) Actually I took a snapshot of me outside the Ratchet Guild house which I'll post in the forums tonight if I can.

Plenty of you will have seen , checked out my audio bits. The Food segment bumpers has started to turn out more like a mini story / series so I decided that on my blog ( http://pryderic.blogspot.com ) I would create a separate page linking these episodes as the story develops. I do a new one ever two or three weeks and atleast it'll keep me returning to my blog to actually post stuff.

Oh, and awsome news! I got FeedBurner up and running so you can just click the subscribe link :P

Tripellian (Troll Druid)

Alliance:

Pryderic
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:16 pm 
CHANGE OF BLOG URL!

Hi everyone, I created my blog a little over a month ago but as I go more by the name Rigarmorty I decided to change my blogspot URL. It's now http://rigarmorty.blogspot.com

This is still my mage blog with my many alts and I have recently started including an audio series!

Thanks for your patience and thanks for reading / listening!

Cheers,

Pryderic aka Rigarmorty

Tripellian (Troll Druid)

Alliance:

Lahu
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:48 pm 
Cool! If you play more and write less you'll soon catch up to Lahu, who is nearly lvl 78 now :mrgreen:

I hope I can get the time soon to start something of my own, I quite like writing but I never seem to really get to it.

Haven't listened to the podcasts yet but maybe soon. 8)

Main Alliance character Laemadae on Argent Dawn

Board index » Discussion » Discussion: General Chat [public]