Board index » Discussion » Discussion: General Chat [public]

Braemar
Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
 Post subject: Inflation!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:10 pm 
Having recently visited the AH for the first time in ages, I am astounded at the prices on the go just now!

Now I know I've not played in a long time, and inflation can be a b*ggar to keep under control, but I was selling light leather for more than 1g per piece!?

This to me is a vast amount of cash for such a lowly item, which is beginning to make me think that as I move up the levels, has the price of everything shot up as much?! Or does The Sha'tar population have an abundance of rather lazy, yet very rich folks?

I was aware that you can now get a mount a lvl20, rather than 40, so thought it best to go heavy on the gathering professions to try and assemble some cash for my steed so soon - but missed that fact that mounts are now incredibly cheap to train & buy...

So I'm at a bit of a loss, silly money changing hands on the AH, but yet in game items (via npcs at least) coming right down in price.

I think I had a purpose for this thread before I began but it's turned into a bit of a dis-jointed ramble, I'd apologise but there'll no doubt be more to come from me in terms of "wow: what has changed 2007-2010"

Caio for naio

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop

Lyrael

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: Re: Inflation!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:30 pm 
Dear Braemar,

I think the reason of the inflation you are seeing is pretty simple. After Cataclysm hit the majority of players started levelling from 80 to 85 and within that level range gold is coming to them in larger amounts than it was in WOTLK. It's a pretty natural process and it happens with every new expansion: quests and mobs award more money, dungeon runs award more money and so on. Given this, people are also selling their tradeskill professions resources and items at a higher price, because everyone has more money to spend at the AH.
Once they reached lvl 85 on at least one character, lots of people are now levelling new characters from scratch, and they do that while being able to rely on the big money bags of their higher level characters. This explains why even at lower levels you notice materials and items growing in price: people can just afford it easier than before.

Within this situation, if you haven't a high level character on this realm you start with some disadvantage. But don't worry: while levelling you will have plenty of chances to earn your gold at once you reach lvl 85 you will have plenty of chances to sink all that money down the drain... (Alchemy mount, anyone? :) )

This is just my personal guess, but I don't think I am that far from truth...

SWTOR (suspended)
Republic: Lyrael | Sith: Alesthes
WoW (suspended)
Horde: Azrael, Aenerys | Alliance: Eluthien, Anathiel

Board index » Discussion » Discussion: General Chat [public]