Welcome! Login or register.
FAQ     Search
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:33 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics All times are UTC + 1 hour
Board index » Discussion » Discussion: Ye Olde Bulletin Board [public]

Nanorider

Master Scribe
Master Scribe
 Post subject: Contest: Name a goblin. Prizes to be won!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:12 pm 
Knobbledonk was standing at the quay in Ratchet. He was bored. He picked up a pebble and aimed for a seagull flying by. The small stone flew in a perfect arc and....just missed the bird. He felt a bit annoyed that his aim was off, but consoled himself that at least he hadn't thrown a bomb or another gadget of monetary worth. He shrugged and turned his attention to the - still empty - open sea.

Another hour went past.

He began pacing up and down the quay while pausing every now and then to look towards the point of Southern Durotar. Blast! Why was the Maiden's Fancy late? It should have been here by now. He was beginning to feel a tinge of worry. Not a very characteristic emotion in the normally easygoing goblin. He turned around and continued pacing back towards Rachet. Suddenly one of the wharf workers shouted "There she comes boys!" Knobbledonk whirled around and felt a surge of both relief and joy. Finally she had arrived!

While the Maiden's Fancy was unloading cargo and passengers Knobbledonk could barely contain himself. He alternately hopped and crouched to get a better view of the passengers while they passed by. "Where is she?" he thought. She was supposed to be on-board, wasn't she? After the last passengers had left the ship he was still standing alone on the quay. There was something wrong, he was certain of it. She had told him in the letter that she would be on this crossing from Booty Bay.

He was about to turn around and walk away when he spotted a tuft of blue hair moving along the rails on the other side of the bulwark.

Could it be? He waited frozen in place and stared. The blue tuft bobbed lazily along the rails and turned into a young female goblin at the boardwalk. "Hey bro! How ya doin'?" she yelled, smiling all over. "SIS!" shouted Knobbledonk, "You almost gave me a heart attack by showing up so late. I thought you weren't on the ship at all."

"You worry too much Knobby. I was just packing my bags when we landed, because I didn't have time for it until now. I've been a deckhand on the Fancy, you see? Had to work right up till now." she said grinning from ear to ear. " And it was a blast! Working on a ship I mean. We were attacked by Bloodsail buccaneers on the way, but we beat them up and really, really showed them who's boss, I mean, you really should have been there, oh man Knobby you would have loved it!" she chattered.

"Please sis, give me a break here", exclaimed Knobbledonk, "Please settle down for a minute and let me have a look at you. I haven't seen you for months. You look so....different....what's that thing?" he said and pointed towards the small feathery thing sitting on her shoulder. "Huh? What? Oh, him? That's Birdy, my pet parrot. He's one of Treasure's young," she answered. "Treasure?" Knobby asked looking slightly bewildered. "The ship's parrot. The one sitting up on the mizzen." she said and pointed over her shoulder. "The what-what?" Knobbledonk blurted out. "The big blue bird up there" she sighed and pointed again towards one of the masts. "Oh, yeah, that one", he said and looked slightly less confused.

"Well, let's get going bro, I can't wait to see Orgrimmar and all it's taverns and Thunder Bluff with all the biiig tauren and Under City with all the icky and exciting undead thingies and Silvermoon with all the fashion shops and...", she went on. "Sis", Knobbledonk said with a smirk and sounding rather relieved," you haven't changed a bit."

The two goblins walked down the quay and into Ratchet where a big armoured wolf was waiting.

-------------

Calling all Elders!

Knobby's little sister is finally arriving at Kalimdor but she needs your help! She needs a name. I've thought long and hard but I'm not sure I've picked the right name, so I'm asking all of you for help to find the right one. :D

I've settled for the familiy name Fusehopper, and for now I've chosen Frizzie for her but I would be very happy if you would give me more names to chose from.

The rules of the contest are the following:

1st prize goes to the name I think is the best fitting name for a blue-haired, speed-talking, fearless chatterbox of a little shamanistic girly goblin.

I'm totally subjective in picking the winner and, according to the time-honoured goblin custom, bribes are accepted. :wink:

If by the end of the contest I end up settling for Frizzie after all, 1st prize will still be awarded for the name I like the most out of all the entries.

However, if there are several really good names then I may consider runner-up prizes, but there are no guarantees. :)

This contest will begin today (August 21st) and will end in two weeks on Sunday September 4th where little Miss Fusehopper will be baptised in traditional goblin fashion with a shower of coins.

The prizes will be RP-items.

1st Prize: I'm currently farming for a complete set of RP-gear, but I must admit that it's going less than great, so I'm not so sure that this will be available. (I have less than half the items at the moment) I'm working on a replacement though so don't despair. There will also be lots of smaller RP-items and gadgets.

Runners-up: For runners-up (if applicable) I will find some smaller RP-worthy items.

Addendum: About the prizes. Don't expect the world of these prizes. There are several parts of Azeroth and the whole of Outland that I still haven't visited, so I don't have access to much of the cool stuff that exists there. But I'm doing my best. :)

Alturos - Tauren Druid
Morglub - Orcish Hunter

Alliance:
Gnosher - Gnome Rogue
Fengar - Worgen Hunter
Alendhor - Nightelf Mage

Last edited by Nanorider on Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:12 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tobin
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: Re: Contest: Name a goblin. Prizes to be won!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:45 pm 
Giggleboom!

I don't think you should pick that, put it popped into my head and I had to share.

SWTOR: Kallian, Jedi Consular

WoW (retired): Tobin: Forsaken mage, Khalgar: Tauren druid

@seanc2020

Nanorider

Master Scribe
Master Scribe
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:22 pm 
Hehe, that one certainly qualifies for the funny section of gobbo names Tobin. :wink:

Alturos - Tauren Druid
Morglub - Orcish Hunter

Alliance:
Gnosher - Gnome Rogue
Fengar - Worgen Hunter
Alendhor - Nightelf Mage

Lahu
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:47 pm 
Now that is certainly an interesting way start looking for a nice character name, and typically goblin-like too!

These are really random (top of my head, and I haven't checked for availability):

Felishay
Drazzyo
Julyax
Jalurixa
Slixxy

Yeah. I don't know. :mrgreen:

Main Alliance character Laemadae on Argent Dawn

Odiun
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:24 pm 
Decibelle
Trickie
Boombella

Theodomeus
Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Artisan Scribe
Artisan Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:40 am 
Hodlepeckle

(I don't know how to write it in english, but something that sounds like "hudel-pekel" is what I have in mind).

Tobin
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:55 am 
Kally, though it seems unlikely that would be free.

SWTOR: Kallian, Jedi Consular

WoW (retired): Tobin: Forsaken mage, Khalgar: Tauren druid

@seanc2020

Coaltar
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Expert Scribe
Expert Scribe
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:42 pm 
Fizzle - Fizzle Fusehopper

Nice and short, easy to spell, shortens nicely to Fizz.

Nanorider

Master Scribe
Master Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:03 pm 
Aaaaand the winner is:

Odiun with Decibelle! :D

Actually it was a very close run between Odiun and Coaltar since I also liked Coa's entry "Fizzle" very much. Unfortunately Fizzle was already taken, so that made it very easy to decide between the two.

It's been a fun way to find a name for my new alt and I wish to thank all those who participated in this little contest and came up with both fun and interesting names. :)

To Odiun:
Congratulations! You've won first price. :D
The first prize is a complete Orgrimmar Grunt RP outfit.

http://roleplaygear.wordpress.com/2010/10/10/orgrimmar-grunt/

Unfortunately I have been unable to get a totally complete set for you (I'm still missing two parts: boots and chest-piece) but I'll continue the search.

However, I have gotten my little green hands on another outfit if you prefer that over the other. This is a complete set of bardic clothes. Please let me know which one you would like.

Apart from the outfit you will also receive some other RP goodies I've found on my travels in Azeroth.

To the other contestants:
I'm sorry but you didn't win. However! There are Consolation Cookies to be had! :D

You will all receive a little something from me as my way of saying thank you for participating in my little contest. These somethings are fun, silly and totally RP oriented items.

Thanks again to all of you. :mrgreen:

Alturos - Tauren Druid
Morglub - Orcish Hunter

Alliance:
Gnosher - Gnome Rogue
Fengar - Worgen Hunter
Alendhor - Nightelf Mage

Odiun
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:59 am 
Thanx Knobby :D
Cool site U found and there is some of awesome armor ive never seen before. I have to get my hands on shoulders and head from this freaky set: http://roleplaygear.wordpress.com/2011/ ... -recolour/ MONDO BIZARRO haha

Lahu
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:28 am 
Congratulations Odiun :)

Nanorider that was a really nice idea and thanks for sending the rest of us consolation prizes :D

I wish you all the best with your new character Decibelle!

Lahu

Main Alliance character Laemadae on Argent Dawn

Board index » Discussion » Discussion: Ye Olde Bulletin Board [public]