Welcome! Login or register.
FAQ     Search
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:22 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics All times are UTC + 1 hour
Board index » Other Games » Read more about the Elders in "Guild Wars 2" » General [OOC]

Nereza
Initiate
<The Elders>

Expert Scribe
Expert Scribe
 Post subject: Lore evening RP event, Saturday the 20th of October, 8pm CET
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:26 pm 
Hey everyone,

I would like to invite you to spent an evening with me in Divinity's Reach.
We will meet up there and then start a small tour through the city, while I tell about some lore regarding the human races, the gods and more.
I have made a post in the IC part of the Guild Wars 2 forum section as well.

(I hope this attachment works)
Attachment:
LoreEvening.jpg
LoreEvening.jpg [ 383.19 KiB | Viewed 533 times ]

This event will held on Saturday the 20th of October at 8pm CET.

I hope to see you all!

- Freja Stealtharrow

World of Warcraft (inactive)
Nereza

Report this post
Lyrael

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: Re: Lore evening RP event, Saturday the 20th of October, 8pm CET
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:27 pm 
Unfortuntaly, I have already a RL commitment for that night... :(

Rest assured that should that spot become free again, I will gladly join you all. I love Divinity's Reach with all my heart, it's probably the most beautiful, lively and huge fantasy city I have ever experienced in any videogame...

SWTOR (suspended)
Republic: Lyrael | Sith: Alesthes
WoW (suspended)
Horde: Azrael, Aenerys | Alliance: Eluthien, Anathiel

Report this post
Nereza
Initiate
<The Elders>

Expert Scribe
Expert Scribe
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:29 am 
I'm sorry to hear that Lyrael. Unfortunately other members won't be able to attend because of RL plans as well. But that's a thing we will often come across.

You will be missed and feel free to join us if it becomes possible. Also if you come online later in the evening. You can easily join in anyway!

Divinity's Reach is one of my favorite places in GW2. I think that there is a lot to talk about in that city. And I might even need to choose only some of those, otherwise it will end up being a several hour long lecture instead, hehe.

I hope that you will be able to make it at the next event.

- Nereza

Nereza

Report this post
Nereza
Initiate
<The Elders>

Expert Scribe
Expert Scribe
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:50 am 
Hey everyone,

I am making the last adjustments to this event today. So it is ready for tomorrow evening.
Then I started thinking about that my character doesn't know all of the details that I can find on the internet.
So you might see that I am missing some information here and there. This is just so it makes sense for In Character.

Please bare in mind that I will only cover a small selection of subjects during this evening. If I expanded this, I am afraid that it would be a too long an event since we will also be walking through the city. But if there is enough interest in lore evenings, I will host more in the near future.

When the event has been held on Saturday, I will make sure to post all the information Cassarah will have told about during the event, here in this thread. It's so the ones who couldn't make or the ones who joins in later during the event, can still see what was said. And some might want a quick refresh course on some of the basic lore.

I hope to see some of you join tomorrow and that we will have a nice RP evening!

- Nereza

Nereza

Report this post
Nereza
Initiate
<The Elders>

Expert Scribe
Expert Scribe
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:42 pm 
Hey everyone,

I am on my way to bed, but I couldn't go before thanking you here on the forum as well!
Tonight's event want better than expected. I have been worrying about none showing up or maybe people finding it boring. But I most say, everyone was so amazing and supportive. A big amount of people showed up, and I can't thank you enough for this. It means so much to me! And I will definitely make a part two to this event.
I really hope that you all enjoyed it and the little trivia. Lyrael, you kinda blew everyone away, hehe. I was glad to see that someone remembered / knew it all! And I hope that the winners could use the small prizes.

Now goodnight everyone and thank you. You all made the work behind this event, worth it!

- Nereza

Nereza

Report this post
Lyrael

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:28 pm 
I am really glad that in the end I could make it. :)
The game provided an amazing capital city.
Nereza provided a wonderful IC tour.
The awesome bunch of guildies provided much good humour and laughs.
Good ingredients for a good RP night, indeed!

And about me winning the little trivia at the end... Well, OOC I am fond of learning the lore of the RPGs I play, since it adds a lot to the experience for me. Moreover I had to portray Lyrael as adequate to her IC standards, since I roleplay her as a scholar and a proud member of the Durmand Priory!

I'll be glad to join the next event, if I can.
In the meantime, I took some screenshots tonight: I'll see if they are any good and I'll let you know...

SWTOR (suspended)
Republic: Lyrael | Sith: Alesthes
WoW (suspended)
Horde: Azrael, Aenerys | Alliance: Eluthien, Anathiel

Report this post
Nereza
Initiate
<The Elders>

Expert Scribe
Expert Scribe
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:10 pm 
Thank you Lyrael. It was great that you could join us anyway!
I've spent many days on studying the lore behind Guild Wars. It was perfect for passing the time before the GW2 was released.

I will work on a Divinity's Reach part two, where I can cover some of the things I didn't do last night.
But it will first be in a few weeks time, since my family is staying the week.

I am quite happy with the time this event took. People still have a chance to continue with what they were doing before it started or join together for some random RP before it got too late.

Screenshots are more than welcome! I have a few myself, which I can try and upload during the next couple of days.

- Nereza

Nereza

Report this post
Board index » Other Games » Read more about the Elders in "Guild Wars 2" » General [OOC]