Welcome! Login or register.
FAQ     Search
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:49 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics All times are UTC + 1 hour
Board index » Other Games » Read more about the Elders in "Guild Wars 2" » General [OOC]

Nereza
Initiate
<The Elders>

Expert Scribe
Expert Scribe
 Post subject: Update on what's going on in the guild
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:47 pm 
Hey guys,

In case some of you only check this part of the forum, I wanted you to know that I have now posted an update on what's going on in the guild.

The link to my forum post:

http://the-elders.guildomatic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=523

I hope that the post answers some of your questions.

World of Warcraft (inactive)
Nereza

Report this post
Adelheyd

Newcomer
Newcomer
 Post subject: Re: Update on what's going on in the guild
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:02 pm 
Hm... I get only: You are not authorized to read this forum. - Although I am logged in. *scratches head*

Report this post
Nereza
Initiate
<The Elders>

Expert Scribe
Expert Scribe
 Post subject: Re: Update on what's going on in the guild
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:16 pm 
I can copy my post here, so you can read it as well:

Good afternoon everyone,

A little update on what is going on in the guild

I want to make sure that everyone is up to date about what has been going on in our guild these days.
As many of you already know by now, our lovely guild mistress Andrea (also known as Brambline) has left the guild. This has caused great sadness to many of us and is a loss I could never begin to describe. I know some of you have known her through many years and also care for her deeply. I have been here for around a year and can truly say that I am one of those.
But please be aware that this does not mean that the guild is breaking up. Andrea would not wish for this and I know that as a fact.

Now, because of this, a few other members have left as well because of various reasons. This is very unfortunate, but we knew this was bound to happen. Such a big change can never be made without loss.
The important thing is that this guild will continue to run, with the same rules as before. I am in a group of people who are working hard on getting it all up and going again. I know that we will never be able to replace Andrea (nor are we trying) or be as she was. But know this, we are putting everything we have into keeping the Elders as the guild we have all come to know and love.

The best thing all of us can do now is to enjoy our community, like we have always done. Continue playing and having fun. Every guild faces ups and downs. It is just amazing that this guild went on for around 4 years without this kind of problems. And we can all thank Andrea for that.

The future of this guild

Well, as I have mentioned above, we are a group of people who are doing our best at maintaining this guild. Keeping it as it has always been. We have gotten a lot of information from Andrea and each of us have areas we are focusing on, so no one will get overwhelmed with stress. (Yes we are truly amazed of how Andrea could handle all of this on her own)
As I have been appointed as Guild Master of our guild in Guild Wars 2, this will be my main area. And I am working on making the forum more active and keeping it up to date with things happening around the guild and on Facebook.
I have promoted Baerbel (Gw2 user ID Shawree) to Protector. This is only because she is one of the people helping me, running the Guild Wars 2 part of the guild among other things. And if I am offline, then you know that you can always come to her with questions. But of course, there are many things our members can answer, so you can always give guild chat a go.

I hope that all of you will bare with us as we get use to how things are now. Please, give us a chance to show you that the Elders is still a great guild to be a member of. We are doing our best at making sure of this.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them or mail me if you wish for them to remain private.

Now take care everyone and try to have fun, like gaming is meant to be. The only thing we can do now, is to try and put this behind us and move forward. We will never forget the great things Andrea has done for us all, and nor should we. Let's continue with this guild and show what a lovely bunch of people she has brought together.

I hope to see you in game!

And Syk's reply:

Fantastic summation there Nereza.

Just to add, for the Warcraft players on here I am now Guild Master for World of Warcraft on both sides and will be doing my best to ensure nothing changes. The characters GM'ing Sykonyx for the Horde and Mallam for the Alliance. If you have any questions you can mail me, facebook me or catch me online.

I want to just mention how sad it is to see Andrea/Brambline leave. She has been a wonderful Guild mistress and a fantastic friend and I'm sure we will all miss her a lot.

~Syk~

World of Warcraft (inactive)
Nereza

Report this post
Board index » Other Games » Read more about the Elders in "Guild Wars 2" » General [OOC]