Pancras
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
 Post subject: Using Mr Robot to be More Awesome
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:20 am 
http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear

Mr Robot is one of the handiest tools on the internet available to Warcraft players, both casual and hardcore. It allows you to optimise your gear with the reforges, gems and enchants that will benefit you the most and advise you on where to obtain upgrades regardless of your playing style. If you only do 5mans it has you covered!

For the purposes of this guide, let's use Ryldor as I know for sure he can be improved. And after all, I want him to be the most effective pew pew dps he can be!

Firstly you need load in your character. Just hit the Pick a Character button and all the information it needs will be pulled across from the Armory. Just make sure you last logged out in your combat gear instead of an RP outfit! You'll get a screen like the one below, which is basically telling me that Ryldor has a lot of room for improvement.

Every red arrow next to an item means there is a better one waiting for me and every yellow box on the right means I have a less than optimal enchant and reforge on that item. It's a bit of an "eep" moment! But not to worry, this is where Mr Robot shines.

BUT FIRST! We need to tell Mr Robot where to look for our item upgrades. Now I don't raid, so I don't want it to tell me that the best weapon for me is the the 2H mace from Ragnaros. So at the bottom is another box, like this:

The "Gear Level" drop down is the most important here and you should choose the one best for your playstyle.

Pre-ZA/ZG - This one will only look in dungeons that came out Cataclysm, along with crafting.
Pre-Raid - This one adds the Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub dungeons to the search criteria.
Tier 11 Raids - Addition of Blackwing Descent, Throne of the Four Winds and Bastion of Twilight.
Tier 12 Raids - Firelands.

I'll be using Pre-Raid to fit my playstyle best. Selecting that and hitting the Apply button that pops up has a large effect on the items above. Lots of them have lost their red arrow! That means they're the best I can get with my requirements. So hoorah and all that.

So what about the ones that still have an arrow? Well, that's the button with three dots is for. Clicking the Shoulder one, I get this:

I prefer to hit the tick box on that screen labelled "Relative Ranking". It's easier to get upgrades closer to where you are than it is to make the leap to getting the best one it suggests from "Absolute Ranking", usually. Anyway, I can see there that I should be aiming to get Skullpiercer Pauldrons from Daakara in Zul'Aman. Lovely jubbly, nice and simple. Though if I come across Missing Diplomat's Pauldrons or Raz's Pauldrons before then, I should nab those.

Anyway, make a note of what you're after then close that with the X. You don't really want to equip any of that gear just yet.

On the right is the Optimize button. Give that a click and watch the magic happen. This is what happened for Ryldor:

Blimey! The green boxes are something I should change. If you're like me and can't stand spending money, you might want to wait to get item upgrades before doing the expensive enchants on them. For example, it wants me to put Landslide on my sword, but the sword is due to be replaced with the Blacksmithing one. As such, I feel it would be a waste of money to put that on the one I have right now. I'll wait before I get the new one, then do that. Reforging, on the other hand, is cheap enough that I will go through and perform all the recommendations.

Anyway, thanks to Mr Robot I now have a goal list:

Reforge all my gear in the suggested manner.
Enchant and gem the pieces without recommended upgrades in the way suggested.
Acquire Master Elementium Deathblade from Blacksmithing.
Acquire Skullpiercer Pauldrons from Daakara in Zul'Aman.
Acquire Deathcharge Wristguards from Mandokir in Zul'Gurub.
Enchant, gem and reforge the new items.
Pew pew!

I hope you find this helpful and get some ideas from here for your own characters.

Lots of love,
Ryldor Skystrider

Lahu
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: Re: Using Mr Robot to be More Awesome
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:56 pm 
Looks really pretty awesome! Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to check it out. *tips hat*

Main Alliance character Laemadae on Argent Dawn

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:49 pm 
*drool* This is exactly what I need. I'm so clueless with stats and armor! THANK YOU!!!

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:58 am 
Ok thanks to this tool I was able to upgrade Jezaline's armor DRASTICALLY in several slots and all in one evening. I warmly recommend you guys check it out :).

Board index » Discussion » Discussion: Guides, Tips & Hints