Board index » Discussion » Discussion: Guides, Tips & Hints

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject: Tutorial: How to make a separate Guild Chat window
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:52 am 
Now that the Elders is bustling with activity and members are chattering away like mad happy to have found one another, we're getting a lot of chat spam in our gaming windows. Which is absolutely wonderful and I hope continues this way, but still can be a pain in the arse during things like raids, dungeon runs, following trade channel etc So I thought I'd put together a little tutorial on how you can pack all your guild chatter away into it's own tab. There it's safe from being "swept away" by trade and party chats, and at the same time it saves you from having your General tab flooded. So the benefit goes two ways.

This stuff may be self evident and common knowledge for many of you, but I've met veteran WoW players who still didn't know you could do this, so this is for y'all.

Personally I like to also keep whisper checkmarked for my guild chat window, as not to miss any important private messages. Even though I also have a seperate chat window for those.

I prefer keeping the guild chat also on the General tab just so I notice if someone says something, but if you really want to keep the guild chats packed away, remember to remove the guild chat checkmarks from the General tab!

Pryderic
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: Re: Tutorial: How to make a separate Guild Chat window
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:55 am 
That's an awsome Tutorial Brambline! I only just started doing the same thing for Officer Chat so I knew when I was messaging in RP though changing the colour might help also. Guild chat currently a bright green and Officer Chat a Dark Green.

Pryderic :D

Tripellian (Troll Druid)

Alliance:
Erinthia (Draenei Shaman)

Pryderic is son of the exiled witch Rhiannon born and raised in The Dustwallow Marsh now resurrected.

Nanorider

Master Scribe
Master Scribe
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:49 pm 
Thanks a bunch for these tutorials Brambline! They're extremely useful for a newbie like me. :D
Ever since joining the WoW community I've been flabbergasted with the sheer amount of things that you need to know. I've learned that to be able to play the game on a level where you aren't feeling lost or left out all the time takes time and quite a bit of effort.

As a veteran gamer and computer tech by trade I've been even more amazed at the complexity of WoW! At the beginning I thought "well, it's a game - how hard can it be", but I sure as heck wise'nd up fast.

I realize that I still have ways to go, but I'm learning. :wink:

Again, thanks a lot for your time and work. It's appreciated!

Alturos - Tauren Druid
Morglub - Orcish Hunter

Alliance:
Gnosher - Gnome Rogue
Fengar - Worgen Hunter
Alendhor - Nightelf Mage

Last edited by Nanorider on Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:55 pm 
Happy to oblige guys! And yeah, WoW is extremely complex despite it's casual style and intuitive usability. Even though I've been playing since beta I have not seen all the content (even before cata) or know nearly anything. I probably know much less than most would after so many years simply because I can't be fussed with "reading the manual" where MMOs are concerned. I like to learn things "organically". But yeah this tab stuff has certainly my WoW life easier so more than happy to share that info! Making those tabs is the first thing I do when I roll a new char :).

Magryf
Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Artisan Scribe
Artisan Scribe
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:54 pm 
This is also very handy in major cities as you can block out the trade channel and those awful gold sellers who spam chat all the time.

Board index » Discussion » Discussion: Guides, Tips & Hints