Lahu
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: Re: Useful Add-ons
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:51 pm 
Quote:
BankItems : Lets you see everything your current character has, and in the bank, and guild bank, and mailbox. Also, lets you see every other character's inventory too !

Seems pretty useful this one. A related one which I can really really recommend is Altoholic. It gives you all kinds of information about your alts, such as their level, how rested they are, XP bars, auctions they have (and gives you a warning if a mail item is about to expire), time played, amount of gold, etc. I think you can also share your information with other players. Especially recommended if you have a number of active alts.

Otherwise I use quite a few but Recount is recommended if you're interested to track your DPS or heals, etc. For instances and raids I also use Omen (threat meter) and Deadly Boss Mods. For my mage I use an addy called Mage Nuggets, it notifies you of procs so you can react to them, measures and displays statistics such as hit rating on mobs, hit rating, crit, etc., portal menus and a few other useful stuff. For RP I use MyRolePlay which is useful if you want to add more character information. Other people with MRP installed can then read your full name, physical description, mood, background, etc. by just clicking on a button next to your character portrait (they will already read your "full" name by just hovering on your character).

Main Alliance character Laemadae on Argent Dawn

Nikina
Initiate
<The Elders>

Master Scribe
Master Scribe
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:43 pm 
One addon that people might find interesting is 'silverdragon' I downloaded it from curse and basically it flags up any rare spawns that are in your area. What happens is if you are in an area where a rare spawn is, your screen flashes red and a box appears onyour screen with the mobs name and portait, you just click the box to auto-target

Robley: forsaken priest
Zwee: goblin warlock
Tweeble: gnome rogue
Zweeble:gnome mage

Pryderic
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:00 pm 
Totally addicted to using Gatherer now and it's so cool that it shares nodes tracking with guild :)

On a different note. I've got Omen but I keep forgetting to look at it. Need something more heads up display. Might have another go at ThreatPlates or something else.

P.S. My evening availability has been all over the place latey so soz I'm not on lots but then again I did do 3 hours on Sunday and gained 4 levels :P

Tripellian (Troll Druid)

Alliance:
Erinthia (Draenei Shaman)

Pryderic is son of the exiled witch Rhiannon born and raised in The Dustwallow Marsh now resurrected.

Board index » Discussion » Discussion: Guides, Tips & Hints