Welcome! Login or register.
FAQ     Search
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:14 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics All times are UTC + 1 hour
Board index » Other Games » Read more about the Elders in "Star Wars The Old Republic"

Lyrael

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: Re: The Republic: "Elders"
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:13 pm 
I don't know. The main cause I haven't played SWTOR lately is that I had really little time for gaming in general, due to various commitments. But I have also to admit that I don't feel very compelled to play it when I can. My take is the following.

SWTOR did innovate the genre in some ways, but not enough. It's really plays too similarly to WoW, if not for the great storytelling and some nice touches (and that's no small achievement, anyway). Also, it probably lacks in the visual appeal department (it's nice, but overall uninspired). Honestly, I still think it's a very good game, as I still think that WoW is now definitely too old and bland if compared to the gaming standards of 2012. The real problem is that with games like Skyrim and The Witcher 2 around (and even some other good MMOs like RIFT), probably SWTOR is not good enough to become a real classic. They should probably have had more courage, after all.

On the other hand, now that a massive amount of Beta footage and comments about Guild Wars 2 is coming out, I am more and more impressed by it. It seems to me that it brings all the innovations an MMO needs in 2012 all along an amazing visual style and a quantity of nice touches. There's storytelling and personal story like in SWTOR, dynamic events like RIFT, action combat like TERA online. All along with no more opposed factions that divide the player community, no more healer-tank-dps fixed roles, no more melee only or caster only classes. Fresh air, finally. And all for NO subscription fee. I don't know about you, but I know that I will pre-order it the very second it becomes available...

In the meantime, anyway, I will certainly keep my SWTOR subscription active and I have every intention to come back to it as soon as real life allows me... :roll:

SWTOR (suspended)
Republic: Lyrael | Sith: Alesthes
WoW (suspended)
Horde: Azrael, Aenerys | Alliance: Eluthien, Anathiel

Report this post
Guru

Newcomer
Newcomer
 Post subject: Re: The Republic: "Elders"
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:07 am 
Hello all :-)

A bottle and a half of Barolo was all it took to persuade me to 'start again' with SWTOR.

I have deleted a few characters, including Gu'ru, Freddie and Jimmie and started some new ones.

If you cannot find me on 'Alimantado' on Republic side (guilded), I will probably be on the new version of 'Jimmie' (level 5 and as yet unguilded) on the Empire side.

Will be staying with the game for a while yet (until GW2 most likely).

Regards

Steve

Report this post
Board index » Other Games » Read more about the Elders in "Star Wars The Old Republic"