View unanswered posts | View active topics All times are UTC + 1 hour
Board index » Guild Information » Guild Information: Introductions

Dak

Newcomer
Newcomer
 Post subject: Application to The Elders in SWTOR, without Facebook
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:19 am 
Hello!

My name is David. I am a 42 year old Swede, living in Gothenburg with my spouse, our daughter and three cats. I've played computer games since my early teens, and been through them all. From MUDs, to shooters and (a lot of) MMOs.

I noticed some recruitment to The Elders early on just after launch, but I never applied to any guild at all at that stage. I was simply too busy making alts and getting a better feel for the game to get around to it.

Now, however, having settled in the game, and decided that this will be my game of choice for quite some time, I recalled the name The Elders and remembered what I read in the recruitment messages back then. The conclusion is that The Elders seems to be the perfect place for me, should you accept me.

I have a bunch of characters, filling all slots for my account. Most of them are on the Empire side, with my primary and current main being my female Sith Marauder, called Nuria, currently level 33.

(I almost exclusively play female characters, but don't ask me why, since I have no good answer. It's been this way since longer than I can remember, really. I certainly hope this isn't an issue for any of you.)

I am a calm person, playing as time permits. I like to help out, when and where help is needed. I like to learn and improve, so constructive criticism is always welcome.

As mentioned in the subject, I don't use Facebook.

I am completely fine with any other means of communication for the purpose of establishing that I am who I say I am, and that my age is correct as stated.

My suggestion for such a means would be that I supply (in a private message, presumably) my personal email address to whomever will take on the task, as well as a link to my company's public website, where there is a page with information about myself (as well as my colleagues) including name and photo, making it very easy indeed to conclude the matter, hopefully.

I hope to be hearing from you soon, and then to be allowed to join your ranks. Until then, take care, and have fun!

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject: Re: Application to The Elders in SWTOR, without Facebook
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:01 am 
Hey there Dak, and thank you for your nice introduction!

Yet another MMO veteran wanting to join us, nice!

I'm 42 as well by the way, living just across the ocean from you here in Finland :-).

Nice to hear that we left a seed planted in your memory hehe. Actually I have stopped recruitment on the general chat altogether because we're starting to be a bit big as a guild and chat can get crazy. At least on the Republic side. The Empire side is still very quiet. So glad to hear you play mainly Empire, we'll get some life in there too!

Could you please send me a private message with the information you were mentioning, and we can continue talking there. :-)

WoW:
Horde: Brambline [GM], Jezaline, Brula, Gruzie, Bita
Alliance: Lulai [GM], Shalestina, Felunia, Ferocia, Belaguine, Saphireena, Grunilla, Mitisa, Fasha, Ferabine

Dak

Newcomer
Newcomer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:47 am 
PM sent. :-)

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:25 pm 
Thanks for answering my questions Dak, and welcome to the guild!

The fastest way for you to get invited in the game, is to look up our elders doing a search and hassling someone to invite you. Most have invitation rights (everyone gets it after 2 weeks in the guild)

Board index » Guild Information » Guild Information: Introductions