Welcome! Login or register.
FAQ     Search
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:19 pm
View unanswered posts | View active topics All times are UTC + 1 hour
Board index » Guild Information » Guild Information: Introductions

Itarrow

Newcomer
Newcomer
 Post subject: Itarrow - Application for the Elders in SWTOR (Republic)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:34 am 
Hey there, it's Itarrow here, aka Marco... 43 years old grown up kid (as my wife keeps telling me... and my 2 kids really enjoy...) from Italy.

I did the request in facebook and now I'm here trying to introduce myself...

So I play videogames since I was 10 years old (Pong console)... and videogaming has been one of the main (few) hobbies I have till today.

I say "hobby" because to me first there's the loved ones (family)... then well... I need to work and I'm often traveling for job...

... and then when I have some free time I play, usually few hours 2 nights per week and then maybe during the weekends afternoon (while trying to have kids doing their homeworks... so not that social there).

I'm therefore not that dedicated to gaming. The good thing (at least for me) is that playing so few hours and loving so much videogaming... well... when I play, I do my best, I'm focused and I want to enjoy the few gaming sessions I do at their fullest.

Talking about SWTOR... well... I grown up with Star Wars, I played SWG and of course I jumped on SWTOR as soon as it was available for order.

Other mmorpgs I played extensively were WoW (on Argent Dawn) and WAR (hmm... can't remember the server name... the rp one that was closed few months after launch, and then I ended up in Karak Norn).

I enjoy a lot PvP, but I'm also enjoying the quests and flashpoints in SWTOR: I'm currently a Jedi Sage Healer (always been a healer... dunno why but I enjoy healing...) lvl 27, valor 19.

During those Christmas vacations I played a lot... things will change from next week, when I'll resume working and therefore resume my usual playing habits (the aforementioned 2 night sessions per week... if I'm home).

In WoW I was the last one to reach the 60... and when it happened Argent Dawn crashed... not sure if Blizzard didn't coded the possibility for me to reach the cap... anyway... usually I'm really slow but as far as I understand this shouldn't be a problem for this community.

Merric (well... Maurizio... together with all his alts... we were playing together in WoW and in some other games), who you guilded few days ago, talked a lot to me about how The Elders seems "perfectly tailored" to people like us... and so here I am, asking if possible to be guilded.

Meanwhile sorry for the wall of text and well... see you in game, hopefully.

Ciao !

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject: Re: Itarrow - Application for the Elders in SWTOR (Republic)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:20 am 
Hey there and thank you for your lovely introduction. Your gaming habits and style is absolutely welcome in our guild, no worries at all. :-)

Check your messages in Facebook, I've sent you a interview message on Thursday :). It's a bit hard to find because we are not friended, so what you need to do is:

a) press messages on the left
b) See how a new folder appears under the messages link called "other", my message is there!

Itarrow

Newcomer
Newcomer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:49 am 
Huh... Sorry saw it now and just answered.

Will have to remember to check more often this "other" tab on facebook... I had other messages there pretty old...

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:43 pm 
Yes the decision for Facebook to separate friended messages from non friended into the "other" folder was the dumbest usability change from them yet! Until last spring they were all in the same folder and all gave notifications. However apparently because of spammers, they decided to change it. Not that I had ANY problem with spammers until that point mind you! Now however this is a constant headache for me, having to explain to people over and over where to find my message. :(

Oh and as I already said in Facebook, welcome to the guild! :-)

WoW:
Horde: Brambline [GM], Jezaline, Brula, Gruzie, Bita
Alliance: Lulai [GM], Shalestina, Felunia, Ferocia, Belaguine, Saphireena, Grunilla, Mitisa, Fasha, Ferabine

Board index » Guild Information » Guild Information: Introductions