Welcome! Login or register.
FAQ     Search
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:25 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics All times are UTC + 1 hour
Board index » Guild Information » Guild Information: Introductions

Paleion

Newcomer
Newcomer
 Post subject: Application - Paleion (no Facebook)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:05 am 
Hi everyone,

I am interested in applying to the SWTOR arm of your guild. I do not use Facebook anymore, but I do use Twitter if you would like to verify my existence (although, like most of twitter, my account is mostly sarcastic messages to celebs - but you will at least see my gorgeous face. At first you may think "Oops, I clicked on Tom Cruise by mistake" but Ha! No! it is indeed just me).

http://twitter.com/Paleion

About me - I am 37 going on 19, I currently work full time in one of the largest exam centers and rehab clinics in the UK (or a secondary school to the uninitiated), although I am also a novice writer in the making.

I have lots of MMO experience, and know how to conduct myself within a guild environment (shouting, quitting, re-joining, accusing people of stealing from the guild bank, drunken messages of love and best-friendship, shouts of "Oh he's a ninja, I saw him do it!" frequently, midnight drama... the usual).

However, I have realised that, just maybe, there is a better way of being a guild member, and I am willing to embrace this new mature style of guild that I have only previously heard of in legend.

Oh and I hate kids and get a bit grumpy when they are about. Games are not for ages 9-18. Neither are they for ages 19-25. To be honest, 25-30 is pushing it, but I guess we have to have some leniency.

On a serious note though, I have run guilds in WoW and EverQuest 2, I have been a senior member of guilds in Ultima Online, SWG, LoTRO, and Vanguard. I have been a member of guilds in AoC, Rift and Warhammer Online. I have worked for Acclaim games as a quest writer for 2Moons and the short lived 9Dragons, and I have worked for SOE as a writer, co-authored the little purchased book "EverQuest 10th Anniversary: A History" (if you would like to purchase a copy, please go here! http://www.amazon.com/EverQuest-Anniversary-Collectors-Rusel-DeMaria/dp/0744010683/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325149149&sr=8-1

My playstyle is light roleplay, I am on a number of evenings from about 4pm to 10pm, and some weekends, and I do like to solo, but I also like to make friends and have a small core light roleplay adventure group - and hope this guild can make me some new friends.

You can contact me via Twitter Direct Message, via this forum, via email (PM for the address), or via my main character "Side" in-game.

Thanks, and I look forward to hopefully hearing from you soon (fingers crossed).

All the best
Paul (aka Paleion the Smuggler (or 'Side' the Jedi Sage))

Paleion

Newcomer
Newcomer
 Post subject: Re: Application - Paleion (no Facebook)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:09 am 
p.s The above was meant as lighthearted humor, I am actually a very lovable old scamp, and a massive SW fan, and surprisingly mature in person :)

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:33 pm 
Hey there Paul :-)

*grins* Now that's what a I call an introduction! It certainly answered all the questions I might have had.

Your tweets are protected so we can't see 'em. But I think I might have stumbled upon your LinkedIn profile as well which sealed the deal for me.

Judging from your humor, I think you'd actually find our Facebook group pretty entertaining as well. It's nice because it brings together folks from all 4 guilds (horde, alliance, republic and empire). So if you ever decide to set up FB again, keep it in mind :).

And so nice to see yet another former UO player join us. Within a couple of weeks there have been several old UO players joining our ranks. Speaking of UO, I lost everything I own in UO on Christmas day, but that's another matter.

Very nice to have yet another MMO veteran such as yourself join us, so welcome to the guild!

WoW:
Horde: Brambline [GM], Jezaline, Brula, Gruzie, Bita
Alliance: Lulai [GM], Shalestina, Felunia, Ferocia, Belaguine, Saphireena, Grunilla, Mitisa, Fasha, Ferabine

Paleion

Newcomer
Newcomer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:24 am 
Thank you! That's fantastic :)

My linkedin profile is a little out of date, as I haven't used it in a little while, but glad you found it. If you want to view twitter just follow me and Ill accept.

As for the UO Christmas story, firstly, that sucks! But not entirely unexpected having lost things due to bugs myself from time to time. Secondly, I REALLY recognise your name (Saphireena). I played on Europa, and was a bit of a housing nut (although nowhere near your level!). So, I expect we bumped into each other from time to time.

Anyway - onto the future, SWTOR! Do I need to PM someone in game?

Thanks again
Paul

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:53 am 
Since I'm playing more on the Empire side right now, your best bet would be to search which elders are online and ask someone for an invitation. You can point them to this thread if you need "proof" that you were accepted :).

WoW:
Alliance: Lulai [GM], Shalestina, Felunia, Ferocia, Belaguine, Saphireena, Grunilla, Mitisa, Fasha, Ferabine

Paleion

Newcomer
Newcomer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:18 am 
OK thanks, Ill do that. I do also have a couple of Sith characters, my main is called Syntax.

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:21 am 
Well I'm usually on with Mitisa on the Empire side if you'd like to join us there as well :). I have to warn you though, the Empire side is -much- more quiet! Republic side had over 20 online last night where as Empire side usually has 1-3 online only. People apparently getting to be softies in their older years *grins*

Oh and PS. Couldn't add your empire character to friends list, game claimed didn't exist. But it's a known bug. Happens a lot :(.

WoW:

Nikina
Initiate
<The Elders>

Master Scribe
Master Scribe
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:17 am 
Fantastic application :D :D

Welcome aboard!

Robley: forsaken priest
Zwee: goblin warlock
Tweeble: gnome rogue
Zweeble:gnome mage

Board index » Guild Information » Guild Information: Introductions