View unanswered posts | View active topics All times are UTC + 1 hour
Board index » Guild Information » Guild Information: Introductions

Teslin

Newcomer
Newcomer
 Post subject: Application: Teslin level 30 goblin mage
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:21 pm 
Hello Elders,

as it so happens Teslin is level 30 in-game and me, the Dutch guy playing her, is 30 In Real Life! I have a deskjob from 9 till 5 on weekdays. I'm on servertime. Since I'm usually home around 6-7ish and then still have to eat so raiding has never really interested me. Working during the day is enough for me. In the evening I just want to relax so 5-mans, a bit of PvP and some roleplaying are challenge enough for my worn out brain.

I'm not a hardcore roleplayer, but for example I'll say something In Character in stead of whispering someone if that person's character is standing near me to ask something. I've attended and created roleplaying events in the past. Nothing too fancy, mostly some short fun events with in-game items.

Most of my characters are Alliance, but I really wanted to level a goblin if only for their awesome racials. Timing your rocket jump so you don't go splat when jumping off high cliffs is addictive. I started playing just before The Burning Crusade was released. Although I have several characters at 85 already, which took me a long time to level, I'm quite enjoying starting over from scratch. With all the changes to the levelling experience things have changed so much it's kind of refreshing to see how much things have been improved.

I found The Elders through the guild finder, although I've read about the guild in the past from recruitment posts on the realmforum.

Taking my playstyle into consideration The Elders seems like a good fit.

I don't have a facebook account and I'd prefer to keep it that way so I hope this forum post will do.

Regards,

Teslin

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject: Re: Application: Teslin level 30 goblin mage
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:04 pm 
Thanks for your application Teslin, it sounds like you'd be a good match for our guild. I'll contact you in game and we can talk more. We'll need some form of age verification so you can start to think beforehand what that could be. Some people have talked to me via skype, some have taken a picture of themselves sitting at the computer with their character showing, some had other profiles online like LinkedIn etc. We'll need something though, sorry :-).

Teslin

Newcomer
Newcomer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:30 pm 
Oh dear, I don't have skype either. But! I've wrestled facebook into submission and I've sent you the link to my facebook profile page via a forum PM and I've applied to the facebook group as explained on the How to apply page.

See you in-game :)

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:32 pm 
Well since anyone can set up a Facebook page and slap some pictures up and claim so and so, a new Facebook profile is of no use to us either I'm afraid. Old facebook profiles where I can see the friends, family, spouses, comments, photos posted at such and such a date and so are the kinds of things that help me determine they are who they say they are. Thanks for going to all that trouble though. I'm sure we'll figure something out. And if you don't have Skype, not to worry - we can chat using the voice chat options in game as well. :)

Board index » Guild Information » Guild Information: Introductions