Sheratan
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Expert Scribe
Expert Scribe
 Post subject: Greetings from Sheratan, the mild-mannered tauren paladin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:17 pm 
Greetings Elders *bow*

Sheratan, the mild-mannered paladin, the holy cow at your service. You have my mace, for one does not simply walk into Azeroth. You need like, like...Ninja wizards! And bears that shoot lazors from their eyes! And, and...

Ok, lame jokes aside, IRL I'm this 53 summers old kid from Finland who never grew up. Also a proud father of two grown-up sons. It was actually my younger son who introduced me to the wonders of WoW in the first place and ever since the release, I'm still in Azeroth. My first guild was a very short-lived one on Earthen Ring that simply ceased to exist with no warning and no apparent reason at all. The second one was on The Defias Brotherhood. Very nice, very laid back guild, but then all my good friends started to drift away and the laid back was turned into pretty much hard core raiding. So eventually I drifted away as well. Oh, I do like raiding - very much so - I just don't want to do it *exclusively*.

So, as it can get pretty lonely in Azeroth on your own, I've looking for a suitable guild ever since. (3-4 years, if memory serves) And it hasn't been easy mostly because of my age. I seem to have an uncanny knack of scaring people away by simply telling them my age when asked. This has actually happened 2-3 times, I think. The oddest occurence was when this poor 16-year old kid ran all the way from Fellwood to Tanaris... No, I kid you not. But I just can't pretend to be this carefree teenager anymore. And lying about your age would be extremely stupid thing to do.

But now I honestly believe I've found just the guild I've been looking for. So thank you all - and especially our esteemed guild mistress Brambline - for accepting me.
You have my mace.
For one does not simply...Ok, Ok, I get it. :)

Magryf
Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Artisan Scribe
Artisan Scribe
 Post subject: Re: Greetings from Sheratan, the mild-mannered tauren paladin
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:13 pm 
Greetings fellow paladin...

I be Magryf, not-so mild mannered Dwarf Paladin, great te' meet ye'

Welcome to the Elders :D

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:26 pm 
Welcome to WoW and welcome to the guild Sheratan! It's been absolutely lovely having you with us so far! And as I might have mentioned before, we actually have a few folks here in their 50's and ever so more in their 40's like myself, so you've come to the right place. In this guild, we want to see those high numbers and I actually take pride in our guild having older folks.

By the way I'm from Finland too, so nice to get another finn in the guild. As far as I know there is only 1 other, also a dad - but I haven't seen him for quite a while - then we have a swede living in Finland. Last year we had Drucil from Finland as well, but then her and the English Pancras got lovey dovey, they became a couple and ran off to make their own guild. I guess they needed their own love nest *grins*

But anyhow, again welcome to the Elders and I hope you feel at home with us soon!

WoW:
Horde: Brambline [GM], Jezaline, Brula, Gruzie, Bita
Alliance: Lulai [GM], Shalestina, Felunia, Ferocia, Belaguine, Saphireena, Grunilla, Mitisa, Fasha, Ferabine

Sheratan
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Expert Scribe
Expert Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:38 am 
Thank you Brambline and Magryf! :D

I can in all honesty say that I already feel at home. :)

Board index » Guild Information » Guild Information: Introductions