View unanswered posts | View active topics All times are UTC + 1 hour
Board index » Guild Information » Guild Information: Introductions

Nanorider

Master Scribe
Master Scribe
 Post subject: New member - Nanorider
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:45 am 
Hi there.

I've just applied to the Elders and been accepted by our gracious Mistress Brambline.

A bit about myself:
I'm a Danish guy of 36 summers who is rather new to WOW. In fact I just started playing about 1½ month ago. However, I've been part of the gaming community for many years and have been playing roleplaying games for a couple of decades, so I'm not a complete newbie. 8)

I've tried almost everything there is on the net gaming-wise, but I've never tried on-line roleplaying, which is one of the main reasons I'm here. I'd like to try it out and have some nice and fun sessions with nice people.

Another very important reason I applied for this guild is the no-strings-attached-part. The other guilds I've been part of in other games have been demanding and very time consuming, which does not fit into my life. Like you guys I have a "IRL" life with commitments besides my on-line one and for some people that can be hard to understand. (especially for hard-core gamers it seems)

That's why I'm very happy that I have found you! :D

I hope to bring something positive to the guild and also to have some fun together with you guys.

As I haven't created a char on the server (yet) I'm sticking to my regular on-line name here on the forum. I hope that's okay.

Alturos - Tauren Druid
Morglub - Orcish Hunter

Alliance:
Gnosher - Gnome Rogue
Fengar - Worgen Hunter
Alendhor - Nightelf Mage

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject: Re: New member - Nanorider
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:02 am 
Heya Nanorider,

Very nice of you to introduce yourself! You sound like you'll fit in perfectly with us.

Being new to WoW and perhaps new to roleplaying servers, keep in mind the special ruleset for RP servers, especially when conjuring a name for your character. A basic rule of thumb to go by is trying to imagine the situation when the character was born to their parents, and what two parents of that race might realistically name their child. So for instance, parents would not name their child "DeathBringer" or anything like that :-). This is something for all Elders to keep in mind when making new characters, as I know many of you are new recruits from non-rp servers who have come to us, happy in finding a guild for adults.

You may have already known all of this, but just to be safe :-). Wouldn't want you starting off on the wrong track in the RP community when it can be so easily avoided!

Here are Blizzards RP server rules

Lyrael

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:52 am 
Brambline perfectly expressed the essential. That said, welcome among us!

SWTOR (suspended)
Republic: Lyrael | Sith: Alesthes
WoW (suspended)
Horde: Azrael, Aenerys | Alliance: Eluthien, Anathiel

Nanorider

Master Scribe
Master Scribe
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:56 pm 
Thanks for the tips and the warm welcome. :D

I've created my new character. He's called Gnosher and is a gnomish rogue.

See you inside.

Alturos - Tauren Druid
Morglub - Orcish Hunter

Alliance:
Gnosher - Gnome Rogue
Fengar - Worgen Hunter
Alendhor - Nightelf Mage

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:42 am 
Sorry I hadn't noticed these responses before. Gnosher is a very cute and fitting name. I've added him to my friends list and will keep a lookout for you. :)

Nanorider

Master Scribe
Master Scribe
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:24 pm 
Hi again all.

First of all a big thanks to all of you for giving me such a warm welcome! You have made my first sessions as a member of the guild very enjoyable. You are in fact some of the nicest and most helpful people I have ever met on the 'net. :D

I'm so happy to be here that I have decided to transfer my other two characters from other servers to Sha'Tar.

@ Brambline: I would very much like to have them added to the guild if that's okay with you.

One is horde: Tenderhoof; a calm male tauren druid who specializes in herbology and alchemy, and who's quiet and gentle nature makes for the perfect fisherman.

The other is alliance: Alias; a female human warrior with a troubled past. Her specialities are mining and blacksmithing, but she really has a penchant for cookery.
(I currently need to change her name to conform to the rules. Right now it's Azurealias, which - I know - is rather horrible.)

I would also like to change my forum name to Gnosher if that's possible. In honour of my first character in the guild. :wink:

Alturos - Tauren Druid
Morglub - Orcish Hunter

Alliance:
Gnosher - Gnome Rogue
Fengar - Worgen Hunter
Alendhor - Nightelf Mage

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:49 pm 
So nice to hear that your experiences have been so positive so far, and I hope it continues!

I've changed your user permissions so that you should now be able to change your own username, so try and see if there is any option to do that in your User Control Panel (link at the top).

And sure, you're more than welcome to bring your alts!

Board index » Guild Information » Guild Information: Introductions