It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:17 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics All times are UTC + 1 hour
Board index » Guild Information » Guild Information: Introductions

Sephilia

Newcomer
Newcomer
 Post subject: Lyvi
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:46 pm 
I applied to the guild and I realized that I am a bit of a dolt. I left you with no proper means of contacting as I play many different characters. My most active Hordes are Lyvi and Echariya. Most active Alliance are Pyrotina and Sephilia. I'd like to speak about my application either way as I am quite young considering the age limit. If in game is not working out, my email address (and also MSN, but I don't think that this is an option either way) is tim at hotmail dot com (sorry for the advertisement avoidance).

I also forgot to add things about myself. My name is Tim, I am 22 years old and I live in the Netherlands. I am currently in my third year of college in Information Engineering. I've been a computer person for a long time now and I got in touch with online gaming many years ago. As such, I developed a strong of what I like and dislike. World of Warcraft is something I picked up roughly 2 years ago, after a long period of playing free games online (Namely Voyage Century, Rakion and Cabal). I started with a little blood elf rogue, enjoying the game for long. I moved on to shaman when zul'aman opened and stuck with her until wrath was released. After this, I developed a thirst for knowledge. I started picking up nearly every possible class and develop them to know as much as possible about them. Currently, I do not have a druid or a proper mage.

I started role playing long before World of Warcraft though, I started with a MUD (Text driven RPG with play in it, pretty much) on a community named BYOND as the wolf sidekick of a samurai. Recently, I took up pen and paper dungeons and dragons (fourth edition sadly) and started some serious role play there.

As an extra to my official, I hope that this can be considered as a whole. I'll await a response from you and I hope to see you in game some.

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:49 pm 
Greetings Sephilia,

Thank you for your guild application and for such a rich and honest introduction about who you are and the way in which you play WoW. You are however a tad too young to join us.

This guild does not accept members based on their emotional maturity level like many mature guilds do, but instead upon their real life age. This means that we may have members who are over 40 and less mature than 15 year olds, but for the most part, age does tend to bring with it a nice side effect of folks being mainly mature anyhow.

We are a group of elders: old people. That means old by age - something that brings with it life experience and understanding in a slightly different way than what can be expected of folks who are just starting out in their adult lives.

Over the past year I have gotten several really lovely applications from people who were a bit too young for the guild and I've given them the same answer I am giving you now. I've never made an exception and will not start now. It's the age groups that lure folks here, so if the guild were to get the reputation of "sometimes making exceptions", soon gazillions of younger folks like yourself would flock here wanting to apply.

The term "mid twenties", if rounded off, would mean that at the very youngest, a 23 year old would be accepted if they seemed suitable, since 23 rounds off more to 25 than it does 20. So you're welcone to join us once you turn 23 :).

Sephilia

Newcomer
Newcomer
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:24 pm 
Thank you for your reply. I will reapply in a month then, because that seems to be the fitting thing to do. I understood that it was based on the actual age rather then maturity, there is no way to gauge mental maturity either way and I also respect and understand that you don't make exceptions. I will keep this in the back of my head for when I turn 23.

Board index » Guild Information » Guild Information: Introductions