Welcome! Login or register.
FAQ     Search
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:46 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics All times are UTC + 1 hour
Board index » The Meeting Point » The Meeting Point: Dungeon Runs & Raids

Which old level 60 raid instance do you prefer for our Wednesday's retro-raid?
Zul'Gurub 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Molten Core 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Blackwing Lair 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Ruins of AQ 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Not interested in retro-raids 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Any raid would be fun, count me in! 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 10
Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: Retro-raids
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:44 pm 
OOC:

I know some Elders are interested in retro-raids, so I've scheduled one for next Wednesday, Nov 25th, starting at 20.00 server time, for our lovely Horde members. The idea is to try any old level 60 raid (except The Temple of AQ).

If you're interested, please vote for your favourite level 60 raid instance. We will visit the one with most votes. All of them are pretty easy for high-level toons, even BWL. On the other hand, The Temple of AQ requires some preparation -- yes, Twin Emperors and C'Thun are not trivial even for level 80 characters.

You can join with any (at least) level 60 character. We would need two tanks or level 80 hunters with tenacity pets and maybe two healers, but one at level 80 might be enough. No special gear needed, not even for Ragnaros.

Zamarane

Lorellin

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:27 am 
Right. Since I missed the Naxx raid, I am adamant that my not-so-better half shall give me permission to play on his playing time next Wednesday. I have not yet confirmed my bold statement, but I will tonight. If I'm given the green light, I will gladly join for any of the raids.

You may tell me which one of the following characters you'd like to take along (depending on who else we get and so on):

Ceredigion - MM Hunter (80)
Echraide - Affliction Warlock (71 but will probably be higher by next week, as I intend to play her soon)
Arlette - Holy Priest (66, but please take into account that though I have healed old world and Outland dungeons, I am still very shaky on my feet, and have never ever healed a single raid of any kind.)
Inzilbeth - Fire Mage (61)

Take your pick! :)

Pancras
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:53 pm 
I voted Molten Core because I recently cleared Zul'Gurub in a three-man team with Ennik and Fey. Yep, no healer! So given how easy that was, I feel that if many people are getting together then we should aim for a 40man raid.

Vanija
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:37 pm 
I miss an option - "I don't care where we go"

I'll start working over the wife so I can join in. Hopefully I can give a binding answer no later than monday or tuesday.

Vanija, Discipline priest

Pancras
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:02 pm 
Question about Molten Core.

Do you still need to be attuned so that when you leap out of the window you port to the instance instead of falling to a lava-based death? I personally am attuned, but I don't know about others.

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:07 pm 
I's also like the "I don't care where we go" option :)

Can the poll still be modified?

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:12 pm 
Pancras wrote:
Question about Molten Core.

Do you still need to be attuned so that when you leap out of the window you port to the instance instead of falling to a lava-based death?.

About attunement: both Molten Core and Blackwing Lair have attunement quests, but completing them is not required to enter. You can enter both instances without attunement. But if you do complete them, you'll be rewarded with the option to access Molten Core without going through Blackrock Depths and Blackwing Lair without going through Upper Blackrock spire.

Both attunements are easy to complete and it's nice to have them. We could do it together if people wish so. Certainly, not having the attunement to MC won't lead to lava-based death ... just to somewhat long trip through majority of BRD.

Zamarane

Last edited by Zamarane on Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:15 pm 
Brambline wrote:
I's also like the "I don't care where we go" option :)

Can the poll still be modified?

Unfotunately no ... just tried without much success. :(

Z.

Lorellin

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:44 pm 
I just got the thumbs-up from my ever patient husband. So count me in! Just let me know which one you want me to come with before Wednesday, and I'll be ready. Just a warning: I have never done any of the raids, so I really will be quite clueless! :P

Theodomeus
Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Artisan Scribe
Artisan Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:34 pm 
I vote for Blackwing Lair. Of the Old World instances, it is definitely the best and most atmospheric. I did my fair share of it during 2006 (that long ago!) but I would still like to be back once.

Still don't know if I can make it, though

Lyrael

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:01 pm 
I completed them all back in the days, and I am pretty sure any would inspire me good memories. Molten Core and BWL are probably the best ones.
Lyrael is a new character, though, and she has no attunements.

That said, I am expressing a generic preference, since I honestly don't know what kind of attendance I can grant at the moment...
:(

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:22 am 
It seems like I was able to add the option Zam, I hope you don't mind :).

NOTE: We now have the "any raid" option folks!

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:27 am 
Thank you, Brambline, much appreciated!

I'm going to organise attunement run for Molten Core and Blackwing Lair on Wednesday, Nov. 25th, starting at 18.30 server time. Attunement to Blackwing Lair requires killing General Drakkisath, the end boss in Upper Blackrock Spire, a 10-man level 60 raid instance. It's a great reason to explore UBRS!

Regarding the retro-raid: at level 80, the boss fights are pretty straightforward and usually boil down to tank'n'spank. Still, it's good to have a threat meter and any boss mod installed -- I recommend Omen and DeadlyBossMod with the TBC addons for compatibility with other player's clients. I'll bring raid food and few stacks of different health and mana potions.

For Molten Core, no special gear is needed. For Blackwing Lair though, Onyxia Scale Cloak is pretty much required for tanks for any boss past Broodlord Lashlayer and for all players for Nefarian, the end boss. Swamprats have few cloaks in the guild vault, I'll try to "borrow" them. If you have one or have access to it, please bring it with you since crafting one cloak requires killing (and skinning) Onyxia. Yes, the level 80 version. :wink:

Zamarane

Vanija
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:03 am 
Just to let you know not to wait for me - work is acting up and I won't be able to get online in time for the attunement runs and probably wonæt be able to make it online in time for the event start.

Maybe I can join in on the fun if/when I log in, but let's see how it goes - have fun, and don't wait for me :)

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:39 pm 
Okay, the latest bit of info: 18.30 server time attunement run for BWL, 20.00 the main event. Please be online around 19.45. Have DeadlyBossMod with the TBC addons installed. I have a stack of Bountiful Feasts ready, along with some mana/health potions and flasks.

Looting rules: since the gear from old instances is usable only for RP or vanity purposes, we won't have any special rules in place or a dedicated Master Looter with a whip. Need/greed as usual. I recommend to boldly roll for Tier items or tokens, since Tier sets are always great to have -- even the older ones. But ... please consider lower level characters who might actually benefit from it.

@Vanija: I suggest doing a quick Zul'Gurub "Zulian mount run" afterwards for courageous people, so you're welcome to join then. The goal is to kill two bosses who sometimes drop Swift Zulian Tiger and Swift Razzashi Raptor.

See ya, mons!
Zamarane

Board index » The Meeting Point » The Meeting Point: Dungeon Runs & Raids