Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: Into the Heart of the Citadel -- OOC
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:49 pm 
OOC:

Since some of The Elders members at level cap enjoy group PvE content in form of five-man dungeons, I was thinking about taking one step further and trying a 10-man raid. Naxxramas in Dragonblight is considered as an entry-level raid dungeon for level 80 players and offers plenty of challenge in form of 15 bosses, ranged from easy (Anub'Rekhan) to challenging (Sapphiron, Kel'Thuzad). Naxxramas is an excellent introduction to raiding and offers hours of fun for people, interested in PvE part of the game.

Since The Elders currently lack numbers and maybe some experience for raiding, we would invite members from the guild Swamprat Mercenaries to help. Some of you might know, my main character Mitali is part of the Swamprats. Swamprat Mercenaries are mature and casual social group of raiders who have cleared all 10-man normal raids in WotLK and are working on some hard modes. ICly, The Elders would hire the Mercenaries for cost of one gold bar per mercenary per day. Of course, we would have to negotiate this price.

The raid would be light RP based, with The Elders tasked to survey Naxxramas and try to deactivate some of the "control crystals" in the citadel (in the game, after defeating final bosses in all four wings and accessing portals behind them, players can teleport to the Inner Sanctum where Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad await them.) Raid chat would be OOC, while anything in /say, /yell and /emote would be strictly IC. RP is heavily encouraged!

The raid would be around three hours long, starting in late afternoon or in the evening. The main objective would be to experience the raiding atmosphere and have fun killing some easier bosses in Spider and Military Wing. The raid leader would be Jarkal, the raid leader of the Swamprats. I'd provide flasks for all raiders and a stack of Fish feasts.

Please comment on the idea in this thread. Also, use this thread to acknowledge your interest in the event. The final sign-up would be handled via in-game calendar.

Thank you for your time.
Zamarane

Interested people:
1. Brambline, dps
2. Ennik, tank
3. Zulejo, dps/healer
4. Theodomeus, healer
5. Zamarane, dps/healer or Mitali, healer/dps -- depending on team composition

Last edited by Zamarane on Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:28 am 
As we discussed in game Zam, this is a wonderful idea and I'm thrilled to take part in such a thing. The elders have never done a RP themed raid I don't think, so I am certainly looking forward to something so refreshing.

Now all I have to figure out is how to respond to the IC post you made. A tricky thing since Brambline does not deem herself in any way superior or even authoritative over her fellow elders. It will have to be very much a plea for help from her comrades as equals.

And I've heard nothing but great things of the Swamprat Mercenaries so I'm delighted they'd like to join us in this sort of thing. And I definitely like the idea of us hiring them, fun!

Lorellin

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:47 am 
This sounds so fantastic Zama, and I wish all of you the best of luck with it. Hopefully once my dear Cer gets geared up (maybe in the next year, who knows? :D) there will still be things like this going on. For now, not a chance, but I'll be wanting to hear all about it once it's been done!

Ennik
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Newcomer
Newcomer
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:58 pm 
I'm not massively into the RP scene (read: I generally only do it if someone RPs at me) but I'd be willing to try Naxx depending on the evening....I might be geared enough for it, I just don't know.

Vanija
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:34 pm 
30 levels to go......30 levels to go......

I'd do my best to join, but I don't think I'll make it in time :wink:

Lyrael

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:24 pm 
Zamarane, this is an excellent idea.

Unfortunately, as you probably noticed, lately I have not been around due to a very stressful time at work and other RL duties. For this reason, Lyrael is still stuck at lvl 73 and she won't be lvl 80 soon.
That said, once I finally get there and I manage to have some more free time back (I hope somewhere around next month...) you can count me in for sure.

In the meantime, good luck!

Zulejo
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Newcomer
Newcomer
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:26 am 
I can only agree that it's a great idea. Don't think im really geared for it just now, but maybe in some time.

Im very intrested in participating though.

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:55 pm 
Thank you for your positive comments. I hope that this event will further promote group play for The Elders and that we will have fun time. It's meant to provide a light introduction of the PvE game content for 10 or more people.

Regarding gear: the Spider wing and the Military wing have low gear requirements. If you have mainly iLevel 200 blues, you're good to go. The only real requirement is for tanks: they must be uncrittable -- that is, the boss must be unable to land a critical hit on them. Warriors, paladins and death knights should have at least 540 defense rating; for druids it's enough to have three talent points invested in the Survival of the Fittest talent.

The Plague wing and the Construct wing have higher gear requirements; a combination of entry level epic gear and blue items is recommended. The last two bosses (Saphhiron and Kel'thuzad) require mainly epic-equipped characters to beat, along with some frost resist gear. But those areas of Naxxramas are not our primary objective because they require some learning and knowledge of fights.

My gear recommendation is: if you can, get few craftable iLevel 200 epic items. They are not hard to come by. No worries if you can't though. Have your gear enchanted and gemmed. Put enchants on your shoulders and head, socket your belt and put armor kit on your legs. For DPS classes, I recommend being as close to hit cap as possible: 8% for melee classes and 17% for casters. Also, use PvP gear only if you don't have any PvE gear. Resilience is useless in raids unless you're a tank. :)

I'll provide flasks and raid food for all raiders. If you can, have a stack of health/mana potions with you.

The most probable days for the raid run are mondays and wednesdays.

Zamarane

Ennik
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Newcomer
Newcomer
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:07 pm 
I can do both Mondays and Wednesdays.....my gear needs some enchanting and such, mind.

http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=eu.the-shatar.ennik

I'm tank specced as Bram, Lorael, Pancras, and Alenthya should be able to tell you ;)

Theodomeus
Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Artisan Scribe
Artisan Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:03 pm 
Although this is an excellent idea, I doubt I could reserve the a whole set of 3 hours for continuos sitting in front of the computer. Mostly because I sit already 8+ at work in a similar position.

Now, I am an old raider meself. Back in the time when BWL was the ultimate thingie in the game, we defeated Nefarian and then Twin Emperors. That was when all 40 toons were gathered in your screen and CT Raid was the latest add-on fashion. Been there, done that, had enough.

Also, not so long ago I joined the Fifteen Dusk (Alliance side) and raided with them some time during my summer vacation. But time, obligations, and tiredness prevents me from that kind of long hours watching over green bars these days.

Now if we could keep it to *two* hours... from 20:30 to 22:30, for instance, that would be something feasible :)

(On the other hand, we could start running heroics instead. The badge rewards are better than Naxx, which is an old instance which feels old)

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:38 pm 
Theodomeus wrote:
On the other hand, we could start running heroics instead. The badge rewards are better than Naxx, which is an old instance which feels old

I'd like to point out that this run is not meant to be a gearing run ... it's about exploring the raid content for interested people who might not have yet seen the citadel. For The Elders, insterested purely in gearing up, running heroics for Emblems and heroic Trial of the Champion is certainly the better way.

Edit: one 15 minute break is included in the raid schedule after every wing.

Zamarane

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:56 pm 
And also, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't this intended to be a "one time experience" anyhow? Not a regular raiding set up.

Theodomeus
Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Artisan Scribe
Artisan Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:33 pm 
Ah! Indeed, I read the original post as an invitation to regular raiding. Since that is not the case, but rather an "exploration" event, do count me in! (Although I would prefer to explore Ulduar :)

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:55 pm 
I started the event on the Swamprat forums as well, as a story where Zamarane delivers Brambline's Letter of Introduction to mercenary Mitali, who then passes it to Jarkal, the leader of Swamprats. Let's see how they respond (ICly, of course) to the whole thing.

I've updated the original post with a list of interested people. Lorellin, if you're interested too, we can add Cer to the list as well. Just shout!

A note about Ulduar: the first boss, Flame Leviathan is actually a rather fun vehicle fight and doesn't require any dps/tank/healer setup, just 10 or 25 players. The itemization of players' gear doesn't matter, only it's item level. If the Elders are interested to try it, I can only recommend this fight since it's easy to learn and it gives some very good items.

Other bosses range from somewhat easy (Razorscale) to medium in difficulty (Auriaya) to challenging (Hodir, Mimiron) and hard (Yogg-Saron). Ulduar is an excellent raid instance, one of better designed in WoW and immensely fun. It's much better than Trial of the Crusader, it's T9 equivalent. Tho tumbs up if you're willing to dwelve deeper into it.

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:37 pm 
The event is scheduled for Monday, November 9th at 19.45 (7.45 pm) server time, with invites starting at 19.30 (7.30 pm). Please use the in-game calendar to sign up. The meeting place is Wyrmrest Temple in Dragonblight at the stable master 15 minutes prior to the raid start. We will conclude the event around 22.30 (10.30 pm), maybe half an hour later if people are really willing to continue. We will take it easy and try the Spider, the Military and maybe the Plague wing. Yes, experiencing the dreadful Heigan dance is possible!

I will provide flasks, raid food and some mana/health potions for all characters. If you need any enchants, Zamarane can provide them, just bring dust/essence/shards. Mitali can provide glyphs free of charge, no herbs/ink needed. If you need anything else (like crafted stuff), just give me a shout.

Please have your gear repaired, gemmed and enchanted. Install any boss mod like Deadly Boss Mods. If you're a dps class, please install a threat meter as well; Omen Threat Meter works great.

If you haven't experienced the boss fights before, I recommend to search the Internet for a place of descriptions of boss fights (like TankSpot). You can also check Youtube or Warcraftmovies for tutorial videos.

The looting rules:
- for BoP items: if any piece of loot is an upgrade for your main spec's gear, roll Need. If it's an upgrade for your secondary spec's gear, roll Greed. If nobody rolls for it, it will be disenchanted;
- for BoE items: the same as for BoP items except that if nobody rolls for it, master looter will conduct a raid-roll and give the item to the winner;
- for recipes: if you wish to learn it, roll Need;
- for abysal shards: we will distribute them equally between two guilds at the end of the raid.

If you have already won more than one item, consider passing for a teammate who hasn't won anything yet.

Remember: this event is about exploration and having fun. If you're not having fun, you will be spanked by a female Orc shaman in leather bondage gear and you might even like it. :lol:

Zamarane

Board index » The Meeting Point » The Meeting Point: Dungeon Runs & Raids