Board index » The Meeting Point » The Meeting Point: Dungeon Runs & Raids

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:06 pm 
Sounds like a good plan. I've accepted the calendar invitation and yet have to respond IC to your other post but will do so soon.

As for the addons, I have everything except Omen threat meter since the blizz UI has now implemented one of it's own. (you will see the color of your status bar change more and more to red and your aggro percentage grow)

Just wondering if Omen is necessary since Bliz offers that feature in their UI now?

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 pm 
For Naxxramas 10 man raid, Omen is not required. It might be little easier to read than built-in threat meter, but that's all.

For other raids, Omen is better because it shows dps' position on boss threat list. Some bosses require that all tanks be higher than dps on the thread list (for example: Gruul, Void Reaver, Gurtogg Bloodboil) and built-in meter just doesn't show that (Gruul regularly hits the second melee on his threat list for enormous amount of damage. If a rogue uses built-in meter, he might get hit -- and instantly killed -- instead of an off-tank).

Zamarane

Vanija
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:20 pm 
Actually Patchwerk has a similar mechanic called Hateful strike - but since you're not aiming to do the Construct wing, that doesn't matter in this particular case :wink:

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:29 pm 
Don't fear Patchwerk, fear the Frogger boss. :lol:

Killing raiders since ... well, forever.

Vanija
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:52 pm 
:lol:

But seriously - if you can beat Heigan you should be able to get past the Frogger boss with a minimum of casualties (but still somebody
will take the dirt nap there)

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:09 pm 
Just a quick reminder , the Naxx run is scheduled for today. Please be online around 19.40 at the latest, so I could give you flasks and mana potions. We will then fly to Venomspite where we are to meet with the mercenaries.

Raid leader will be one of the Swamprats, probably Jarkal/Jangato. I'll ask Brambline to be our official leader (because she is!) and handle the loot. Hmm, we must provide 12 gold bars as the IC payment.

Interest of the Swamprats for this raid has been enormous -- at one point, we had 10 signups from their side alone. With few more signups, we could probably organise a 25-man raid (with around 20 people participating, but that'd be more than enough for this content, difficulty-wise).

Please remember, have fun during the run. You may see characters walking around the instance or talking in /s during fights. Well, it's meant to be a relaxed raid. Also, we might go for the full clear of all four wings, depending on the pace and the mood. Yay Thaddius!

See you tonight, mons!

Zamarane

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:16 pm 
I'd like to thank Brambline, Ennik and Theodomeus for this lovely event yesterday. I hope you enjoyed yourselves. We had some nice RP moments and the Swamprats seemed to enjoy it too. All in all, it was meant to be a small break from heroics, daily quests and levelling and I hope we had success at it. Also, Ennik did great job at tanking, Theo at healing and Brambline at shooting stuff.

The raid will continue next Monday with clear of other two wings and the Inner Sanctum. I will post details about it later this week. For now, I recommend you to get yourselves one or two pieces of frost resist gear to make healer's job during Sapphiron's and KT's fights easier.

Zamarane

Theodomeus
Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Artisan Scribe
Artisan Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:52 pm 
Looking forward to tomorrow's expedition! I might be a bit late, but I should be able to log on at around 19:50, latest.

* Casts again some healing spells on a target dummy *

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:47 am 
A lil update: currently, we're missing few people, mostly dps classes. Few members of Swamprat Mercenaries are on vacation or business trip and some have fallen prey to new games like Dragon Age or CoD: Modern Warfare. I hope to fill those spots by tonight, but if we are unable to get the full team, we might postpone the event. I have no intention to PuG this one as random people could completely destroy the raid if we get lolers or loot whores.

On the bright note, we have two tanks (druids for the win!) and two healers, so these spots are covered. Yes, Naxx can be two-healed, even Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad. We might lack dps for harder fights.

We will make the decision by 20.00 server time at the latest. In any case, please have ready at least one piece of Frost Resistance gear (armour type doesn't matter unless you're a tank), it will make healers job during the last two fights much easier.

See ya tonite, mons!

Zamarane

Pancras
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:19 pm 
I'll step in for DPS if you need it.

Board index » The Meeting Point » The Meeting Point: Dungeon Runs & Raids