Board index » The Meeting Point » The Meeting Point: Dungeon Runs & Raids

Zazar
Rank 6
<The Elders>

Newcomer
Newcomer
 Post subject: Old Challenges
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:40 pm 
I would really enjoy visiting some of the old instances, such as Dire Maul, Scholomance, Stratholme and the old raid instances, such as Black Rock Spire, Molten Core and even Karazhan. Another place I have never visited is Maraudon and for me, Zul Farrak is a fabulous place, so anything from Ragefire Chasm to Karazhan could be included.

If the Elders would be agreeable, I would like to try to organise some runs to these places. Perhaps, in the case of the raid instances, with fewer of us of higher level, so that it is still challenging, but fun.

I would also like the runs to be IC, I'm not talking of taking hours to sit around a discovered table and feast, but more to act through the runs in our chosen personalities, with party chat IC. I think it would be an excellent opportunity for us to act out our characters in different environments and meet each other IC. So the grumpy healer who doesn't want to heal, can complain IC about the overly keen, young rogue for example and we can discover that our healer is an old grump and our rogue is a little reckless.

This post is to find out if anyone else would be interested and for them to throw any ideas in the pot, or if this is a damp squib? :D

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:31 pm 
OOC:

I really like your idea, Zazar. One of the reasons I like to play WoW is because of teamplay and overcoming challenges while in a group. Dungeons are probably the best place to enjoy this.

Lately, I've done runs (I shall call them "retro-raids") in Stratholme, Scholomance, Blackrock Spire, Molten Core, Zul'Gurub, Onyxia's Lair, Blackwing Lair, Karazhan, Zul'Aman and Serpentshrine Caverns, usually in a group of five or six high-level characters and two-lower level ones. We even dismantled Doomwalker! These events were very relaxed and fun. Running them ICly would be even better. So ... count me in! 8)

Unfortunately, Zamarane is slow leveler extraordinaire and I doubt he would be of any help (except in Zul'Farrak/Maraudon), but I can offer company of my paladin Mitali. Brambline has met her few times already, the last time when I dragged her to Naxxramas. Sorry for the wipes, Brambline. :twisted:

Zamarane

Zazar
Rank 6
<The Elders>

Newcomer
Newcomer
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:21 pm 
Hmmm, a mercenary eh? How much do mercenaries charge these days? :shock:

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 8:12 pm 
Zazar wrote:
Hmmm, a mercenary eh? How much do mercenaries charge these days? :shock:

They can be hired for one gold bar per mercenary per day for standard missions and two to five bars per day for dangerous ones (VAT not included). Also, they do have some standards, and will not accept any unprofi ... ehh unhonourable tasks.

Razariel
Rank 6
<The Elders>

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 1:06 am 
Who are you calling reckless?!

[Ooc: I would be up for giving it a shot, but as my highest level character is only level 40, Ask me again in a few months is probably a more realistic answer for the time being.]

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:54 am 
As I said in the game chat, I love your suggestions Zazar! There are a lot of old school dungeons and raids I haven't been to either even though I've been playing from day one.

And just so you all know, everyone has the ability to create events in the calendar tool in WoW, so please feel free to use it!

Lyrael

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:07 am 
I certainly do look forward to that in a few levels, particularly when it comes to TBC content, which I experienced much less than the previous one...

Zazar
Rank 6
<The Elders>

Newcomer
Newcomer
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:00 am 
Hmm, Maraudon is level 39-45ish and I've never been there, so most of you are already over qualified and if you wait for me to organise it, you'll all be overly over qualified I expect. :lol:

To start now with anything from Scarlet Monastery up, I'd have to transfer a character and I only have two Horde ones, both of which at 80 could make it less interesting going to the fun 60 places. Although a woollen robe and a fishing rod might help make it more interesting? Mentioning this was probably a little previous and foolish of me. :oops:

Perhaps my Dwarfish Death Knight will meet an untimely end and I'll force you all to suffer the company of an Undead of the Ebon Blade, with recently recovered memories, but who would rather have remained ignorant of her past and still under the influence of the rather impressive Arthas. :twisted:

Arthas' transformation to the Lich was indeed an improvement. If male toons were more like him, even I might try playing one for a change. :lol:

SemsemayƩ
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Newcomer
Newcomer
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:43 pm 
I love the idea of IC dungeon runs, even if they are of the old Vanilla type.

Could we appoint one day for this? Something like sundays or saturdays? In this way it'll be easier for me to schedule it and look forward to it :)

Board index » The Meeting Point » The Meeting Point: Dungeon Runs & Raids