Vanija
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: Re-learning how to heal
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:16 am 
Hi all

Having out of the dungeoneering business for a while, I have now regained my interest in healing dungeons.

So I have been hitting the random dungeon finder on normal dungeons to knock of some rust of my skills and to see the mechanics of the different fights, so I'll know what I can expect once I decide I dare do heroics on the dungeon finder too. For now I'll only do heroics with guildies - so if you need a healer and I'm online give me a shout. I'm only geared around item lvl 345 though, so be aware, that I need some love and attention in there.

But I do have a plea - the dungeon finder will only allow me to queue up (if I want the "randomness" bonuses) for the 3 highest normal dungeons, so I don't have a real chance to see the mechanics of the earlier dungeons.....so if you are levelling and are about to go into a normal of any kind and need a healer. I would love to come help you, I need the experience with those fights :-)

Paulianna
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Newcomer
Newcomer
 Post subject: Re: Re-learning how to heal
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:06 pm 
This is exactly what I need to do myself.
I transfered my shaman (resto/ele 85) to the A-side two days ago. But it seems that all the action is on the Horde side, am I right?

Vanija
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:44 pm 
I can't tell you for sure whether or not all the action is on the Horde side as I don't have any Ally side characters - but rumor has it, that there are generally more people online on the Horde side than on the Ally side.

If that translates into more action is a whole other debate........

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:23 pm 
Vanija I understand your pain. I'm in the same situation with my tank and healer characters as well. I'll be sure to let you know if I'm going to queue for a HC if you're around.

Paulianna yes the ally side is pretty much dead now. At least every time I've logged on there has been no-one but me! Horde side enjoys around 10-15 online every night as usual.

Pryderic
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:06 pm 
I've been thinking of levelling a healer and a tank or atleast duel specing some of my toons to that spec though I'm terrible and duel specing. I just don't know where to start! Just completely foreign to me though I think I'd do ok as a tank if I read through the Tank Map website. Then again, I'm enjoying being able to help with heals with my shadow priest but not idea wether to duel spec to holy or disc.

Pryd

Tripellian (Troll Druid)

Alliance:
Erinthia (Draenei Shaman)

Pryderic is son of the exiled witch Rhiannon born and raised in The Dustwallow Marsh now resurrected.

Sykonyx
Guild Mistress
<The Elders>

Master Scribe
Master Scribe
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:53 pm 
Any "trainee" healers that want a test target tank just give me a shout :D

Be great to have more tanks and healers in the guild. I actually have a level 24 holy priest that i have kind of left to rot, if anyone horde side has alts at that level maybe we can do some dungeons together for practice.

Vanija
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:49 pm 
Nice to hear Sykonyx and Brambline - I'll probably begin to pester you when I get online again. I just gotta get past this week where I'm being chased by the "too-much-work-to-do-and-not nearly-enough-time-to-get-it-all-done-by-the-deadline" monster while having the in-laws staying over.

But maybe tomorrow night I'll have a "free" night to just turn of the work-brain and zone out on some monster-killing.

I might also have an alt or two in the 20-30 range.....I think I have a Goblin rogue and/or a Troll shaman I haven't played in a while.

Blackbaine
Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Expert Scribe
Expert Scribe
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:27 am 
The Alliance side is not dead, but we're so few that anything we want to do together needs to be planned in advance. I'll tank any normal dungeon or none-troll HC on Blackbaine if we can find a suitable time for a mostly guild group.

On the Horde side, Atataka is geared for tanking pretty much anything (unless you're planning 25-man raids or hard mode raids). My pet BE paladin Vulin is lvl 31 I think and I'll be happy to have some guildies along when I run dungeons with him.

Board index » The Meeting Point » The Meeting Point: Dungeon Runs & Raids