It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:23 am
View unanswered posts | View active topics All times are UTC + 1 hour
Board index » The Meeting Point » The Meeting Point: Dungeon Runs & Raids

Nanorider

Master Scribe
Master Scribe
 Post subject: Re: Organising in-Guild Dungeon runs
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:50 pm 
This is a really good idea. And if it doesn't quite work out I think that Brambline's idea is a good alternate solution.

As a newbie to WoW I'm still learning how to find my way around the game, so initiatives like this are welcome. :)

Yesterday Syldrix took me on a guided tour through my very first dungeon (Ragefire Chasm) - after I first tried on my own with disastrous results. It was great fun, although I felt a bit useless with her doing all the heavy work. I hope I can be of more assistance to a group another time, but for now I'm content learning the ropes. I am a newbie after all. :wink:

One the horde side I'm playing a 20th level tauren druid, while on the alliance side I'm either playing a gnomish level 20 rogue or a (nearly) level 20 human warrior.

Alturos - Tauren Druid
Morglub - Orcish Hunter

Alliance:
Gnosher - Gnome Rogue
Fengar - Worgen Hunter
Alendhor - Nightelf Mage

Magryf
Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Artisan Scribe
Artisan Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:26 pm 
Some great positive responses so far, thank you all.

Right, planning. For preperation, I think two weeks notice should be given. This will allow people to plan ahead, research the dungeon in question and prepare their character (gear and level).

Personally, I'm putting my dungeon runs on hold for a few days, I've nearly completed my grouping guide and will post this soon. However I would like to give the Deadmines another run at some point in january.

If all goes well, we should have some very exciting dungeon runs coming our way in 2011 :)

Vanija
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:45 pm 
Sounds like good fun - almost makes me wanna delete one of my low-level horde toons and get an alliance one to the 20s' to go with you....

But alas, I have decided, that the Shat'ar for me is reserved for Horde toons - but if you ever need to fill a place in a group on the red side just call me. I'm not really keen on organizing stuff myself, but I would love to participate.

Sykonyx
Guild Mistress
<The Elders>

Master Scribe
Master Scribe
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:55 pm 
Hiya guys im going to start adding dungeon runs onto the guild calender (for those who dont know if you just click on the date next to your mini map you will see the calender) i know many of us dont use the forums so i will mention it in guild chat too, if anyone wants to join just sign up, i understand people have things crop up that mean they cant make it so if you register and dont show up then no worries, i would especially like to invite those who have little/no dungeon experience, come along and learn how to do it, if we die we die, so what? it isnt permanent after all lol. If we get more than 5 players interested we can work something out, maybe do a few runs to accomodate people, if anyone has any questions feel free to whisper me in game. Heres to lot of fun guild runs :D

Pryderic
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:19 pm 
I've got mixed experience though a lot of things have changed since 4.0.3a release. I'm happy to come along and help out though I'm horde side only... anyway, will check out the calendar for events and see what I can make.

Pryderic

Tripellian (Troll Druid)

Alliance:
Erinthia (Draenei Shaman)

Pryderic is son of the exiled witch Rhiannon born and raised in The Dustwallow Marsh now resurrected.

Jeplin
Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:59 pm 
I'm always a big fan of Guild dungeon runs..its usually safer and has a more relaxed atmosphere.

So if you need me

Tipween (A) 25 Holy Priest
Jeplin (A) 73 Arms/Prot Warrior

And unguilded
Glanwick (A) 85 Fury Warrior

Write those names down!
I'm usually on most nights so give me a poke and I'll sign up for some dungeoneering!
Am loving playing my little Priest(6 years of WOW and my first priest past lvl16!!)
as you folks have probably noticed due the silly amount of Dungeon achievements I've been aquiring!

WOW (Inactive)
Alliance------Jeplin.Murnagan,Tipween,Glanwick
Horde ------Glyne,Fostern

Naturesoul
Alliance Matron
<The Elders>

Expert Scribe
Expert Scribe
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:01 pm 
Hi. Remember me? Naturesoul is my name. I'm the one being a real noob concerning dungeons. I ususally play Wow only during summer-time (I'm a teacher with a loong summer vacation!), but this year I got play-time for christmas present!! :D I've started a new character and I really would like to join some dungeon-runs together with you. If you have patience with me...as I said, I have barely no experience at all :? ... but I would sure like to have some! I liked it when I tried it together with some of you this last summer!

My new character is a dwarf hunter, level 50, beast mastery. Her name is Wildernessa. How do I do to make her an Elder as well?

Blackbaine
Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Expert Scribe
Expert Scribe
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:45 am 
Hi!

I had fun with our double assault on Scarlet Monastery last night. I’m always (well almost) ready for a guild run when I’m on, preferably as tank and in a dungeon my level. Fun runs are good too though, which last night proved. As long as someone in the party gets something out of it I’m happy.

Damkina
Initiate
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:37 am 
Naturesoul wrote:
Hi. Remember me? Naturesoul is my name. I'm the one being a real noob concerning dungeons. I ususally play Wow only during summer-time (I'm a teacher with a loong summer vacation!), but this year I got play-time for christmas present!! :D I've started a new character and I really would like to join some dungeon-runs together with you. If you have patience with me...as I said, I have barely no experience at all :? ... but I would sure like to have some! I liked it when I tried it together with some of you this last summer!

My new character is a dwarf hunter, level 50, beast mastery. Her name is Wildernessa. How do I do to make her an Elder as well?

Hi Naturesoul
Good to see you're doing good. I remember that fun Sunken Temple run we did last summer :D
My druid Oakenwing is still 50'something so I'm up for going somewhere if I can. My troble is getting online atm with lots to do at work now it's a new year.

If you see Aerna, Oakenwing or Mardoll online feel free to poke me. I don't think there's much prblem in getting alt into the guild if I remember right :)

Tom

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:50 am 
I've only just noticed this thread but I can add:

Alliance
Sabriela, lvl 41 Human Holy Priest
Hedge, lvl 40 Gnome Demonology 'lock

Horde
Israne, lvl 10 (should be > 15 by the end of the weekend) Blood Elf BM Hunter

Sabriela has been leveled pretty much exclusively though instances as a healer.

Tobin
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:28 pm 
I'm happy to organise and lead dungeon runs for Horde side. I was actually going to start up a thread about it this weekend, before I spotted this one.

Back in Vanilla, a friend of mine ran regular Friday night instance runs. They were zero pressure runs comprised almost always of guildies. We took our time and learned as we went and aimed simply to have a good time. It's how I saw most of the original dungeon content.

I was thinking of ressurrecting them here in the Elders for Cataclysm dungeons, but I'm getting the sense that perhaps old-world dungeons would be the better place to start.

In addition to my level 80 mage, I have a level 81 druid (soon to be guilded here I hope), a level 80 paladin and death knight, currently unguilded and inactive, and a level 46 priest. So basically I can fill any role for earlier dungeons and if it works for the occasion I can wake my priest up and start learning to heal as a priest, which I would quite like to do in guild groups.

The aim of these dungeon runs would be to experience the content in a zero-pressure group of guildies who are understanding that you might be learning your role as you go, and also that you might have to go AFK for a few minutes to deal with a projectile-vomiting baby (I've had this happen, it really is all right). If you have little dungeon experience and are nervous about how you'd do, these are the dungeon runs for you.

The way I would advertise them, subject to Brambline's approval because I'm still new here and learning how you do things, is with a thread on the forums and an entry in the in-game calendar early in the week, with the run on Friday night around 9pm game time. I haven't been in the guild long enough to get a sense of whether or not Friday night will work for people, so by all means let me know if this doesn't seem workable. I'd be quite happy to start with dungeons that will net people some gear they can use and I'll try to get a feel for where people are level-wise, but again, suggestions are welcome. Not sure if they'd be weekly or fortnightly, it depends on people's interest.

SWTOR: Kallian, Jedi Consular

WoW (retired): Tobin: Forsaken mage, Khalgar: Tauren druid

@seanc2020

Vanija
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:19 pm 
Tobin wrote:
The way I would advertise them, subject to Brambline's approval because I'm still new here and learning how you do things, is with a thread on the forums and an entry in the in-game calendar early in the week, with the run on Friday night around 9pm game time. I haven't been in the guild long enough to get a sense of whether or not Friday night will work for people, so by all means let me know if this doesn't seem workable.

I think that advertising it this way is quite in the Elders spirit - and as stated earlier in this thread I will put myself and my Army of Alts in the hands of anyone who wants to organize the runs......and I can pretty much accomodate any day of the week (except) Saturday as long as its after 9 p.m. game time.

Vanija - lvl 85 Priest
Vrugla - lvl 70 Deathknight
Caldera - lvl 46 Mage
Woshae - lvl 33 Shaman
Griznark - lvl 20 Rogue

Pryderic
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:46 pm 
I forgot to mention my toons, as if anyone doesn't know lol...

Horde: Pryderic - LV 54 Mage.
Tripellian - level 7 Druid

Alliance: Thalimar - Level 7 Worgen Druid

Tripellian (Troll Druid)

Alliance:
Erinthia (Draenei Shaman)

Pryderic is son of the exiled witch Rhiannon born and raised in The Dustwallow Marsh now resurrected.

Sheratan
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Expert Scribe
Expert Scribe
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:26 pm 
I would love to join you guys. Sheratan the Pally is now lvl 81. My other chars - not yet guilded - are Dorado the Shaman and Bambaata the Hunter, but they are still pretty low level, around 18 and 12 if memory serves. Haven't played them much lately as I've been concentrating on leveleling Sher.

Lahu
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:35 pm 
For the list, my characters (Horde only):

Lahu: lvl 74 feral druid (mostly tank but can also DPS if necessary)
Abigorwyn: lvl 41 affliction warlock

then I have two very low level characters, hopefully I can get some time to get them to levels where they can instance:

Shroc: lvl 8 shaman
Zigglix: lvl 9 rogue

This week I'm pretty busy but from Saturday/Sunday and next week I might get some time.

Main Alliance character Laemadae on Argent Dawn

Board index » The Meeting Point » The Meeting Point: Dungeon Runs & Raids