Board index » The Meeting Point » The Meeting Point: Dungeon Runs & Raids

Magryf
Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Artisan Scribe
Artisan Scribe
 Post subject: Organising in-Guild Dungeon runs
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:23 am 
Earlier on, myself and Brambline, as her new Worgen Druid, Fasha did a run through Shadowfang Keep. using the dreaded Dungeon Finder, out of the other three party members, only one, (Another Worgen Druid) knew what he was doing, Our healer was a know-it-all-know-nothing who kept running off when others were healing and topping up mana, and the other, a Worgen hunter, was a little too enthusiastic about pulling mobs. Oh, and as this was my first WoW dungeon run...Ever, You'd be forgiven for thinking that I would judge all WoW runs as bad, but I won't. I've played other MMO's, and run instances with the best and the worse. But, I am NEVER, EVER using dungeon finder AGAIN!!

We need to organise regular dungeon runs based on level. Here's a clicky that will tell you which dungeons you can according to your level.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Instances_by_level

I am currently writing a group tactics Guide which I will post in another thread, this is purely for newcomers to MMO's and Team based RPG's. I've run many dungeons on other games, some have different mechanics, but the principals are all the same.

First off, can I ask all members who may be interested in joining in to please post their Characters name, class, and chosen talent tree so we get an idea of who will suit which role. Thanks :)

Merry Xmas :D

Braemar
Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
 Post subject: Re: Organising in-Guild Dungeon runs
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:21 am 
I do like a good instance run, but as ever with these things it's finding the time when others are about, are willing, and being able to make it through completely without intruption (I'm mainly thinking of my 3yr olds liking of random key bashing) - but should the stars align and all works out I'd certainly be up for this.

Currently I can offer, some low lvl candidates:

Alliance:
Tullibardine, lvl 12, best master hunter
Braemar, lvl 19, retri pala (could potentially tank if needed, but holding aggro could be interesting)

My other peeps on the server are even lower, so we be no good unless cannon fodder is in order.

With a bit of luck should this come to fruition, by guys above will be a few lvls higher

Only one more sleep til Santa arrives!

Merry Christmas!

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop

Novello
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:57 am 
If I'm online, I'm always available for this.

Alliance: Jiadene - level 61 Disc Priest (OS = shadow)
Horde: Novello - level 83 Prot Warrior (OS = fury)

Thankfully now that the massive sprawling instances (ST/BRD/BRS/Strat - I'm lookin' at you!) have been simplified or split up nicely, most of them are now pretty quick to do - no more marathon 2 hour sessions. :)

Spangel
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:23 pm 
This sounds like a great idea and I would love to take part.

Horde: Spangel - Lvl 37 Goblin Frost Mage.

I have done a few runs via LFD (with mixed success), but am still a little hesitant because I'm not 100% sure what I am doing. My gerneral tactic is folllow everyone else, try and hit the same thing as the tank and hope it all works out!

Long story short: would love to come, but please be patient with me!

Regards
Spangel

Timral
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Expert Scribe
Expert Scribe
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:42 pm 
Ditto from me too .. on the alliance side I am Abrith (level 23 so far and a human priest) on the horde side am Timral (level 80 .. but I think I'll need some lower level practise before jumping into a high level dungeon maybe :P ).

.. have dipped my toe into dungeons with my alt and though it was fun I still feel horribly nooby :D

Pakette - 19 Goblin Shaman
Martiul - 13 Blood Elf Priest
Rhangu - 13 Tauren Warrior

Alliance side:
Lunarde - 78 Worgen Druid
Abrith - 23 Human Priest
Tholmas - 6 Human Warlock

Magryf
Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Artisan Scribe
Artisan Scribe
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:56 pm 
Excellent!

Okay, for us lowbies we'll start with a simple run through the Deadmines.

How does Boxing Day at say 21:00 (Game time) sound?

We'll need the following volunteers

1x Healer (Preist, Restoration Druid/Shaman or a Holy Paladin)
3x DPSers, (Melee: Fury/Arms Warrior, Ret Paladin, Feral Druid in cat form, Enhancement Shaman or any specced Rogue. Ranged: Hunter, Mage or Warlock any spec)

I shall offer Magryf up as the Tank

Haversham
Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Expert Scribe
Expert Scribe
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:00 pm 
I'll bring Hellig along.

Magryf
Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Artisan Scribe
Artisan Scribe
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:08 pm 
Considering there was only 3 of us, it went well, Only one member of our party died due to an unexpected pull. 2 of us were over-levelled for the dungeon, but we survived and got the achievement.

It's a pity we weren't fully loaded as a group, and as it was my first ever run through the Deadmines.

The important thing was, though, is that my original point was proved correct, all three of us were members of the Elders, all three of us are mature gamers, and becuase of this, we worked well together, the Tank (myself) held threat well, the DPSers tore into the mobs like they were wolves slaughtering lambs (which is partly true as both other group members were Worgen). Importantly, we reisited the urge to use Dungeon finder to make the numbers up, and we all had a good time.

One death is better than a full wipe, which happens nearly every dungeon, and without a dedicated healer thats pretty good going for everyone.

To the others who joined me (Sorry, cannot remember how to spell your names), thank you for taking the time out to do the run, it was great. :D

Sykonyx
Guild Mistress
<The Elders>

Master Scribe
Master Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:20 am 
I would deffo be up for organising guild dungeon runs, my char is sykonyx on the ally side, level 19 prot pally so if yo need a tank i would be up for that, i will catch up in levels :D

personally i despise lfg tool or more accuratley the elitist people in it, dungeons are meant to be fun and enjoyable and that only ever happens with guild runs

Magryf
Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Artisan Scribe
Artisan Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:10 am 
Sykonyx wrote:
I would deffo be up for organising guild dungeon runs, my char is sykonyx on the ally side, level 19 prot pally so if yo need a tank i would be up for that, i will catch up in levels :D

personally i despise lfg tool or more accuratley the elitist people in it, dungeons are meant to be fun and enjoyable and that only ever happens with guild runs

Well said!

You and I are gonna' get along just fine. :mrgreen:

Timral
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Expert Scribe
Expert Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:15 am 
I'm sorry I missed tonight's jaunt .. didn't get back from visiting family until nearly 10 .. next time hopefully :D

Pakette - 19 Goblin Shaman
Martiul - 13 Blood Elf Priest
Rhangu - 13 Tauren Warrior

Alliance side:
Lunarde - 78 Worgen Druid
Abrith - 23 Human Priest
Tholmas - 6 Human Warlock

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:50 am 
Nice initiative Magryf and so lovely to hear y'all had a great time in Deadmines. I didn't actually read this post until now or else I'd have joined you! I was probably focussing on the horde side when you guys did it.

If it gets too much to start organizing these runs in posts like this (and well, not everyone reads the forums) we could think about choosing one evening (say Sunday) as an allocated "dungeon/raid run" night with a loose time frame (say 21:00 game time onward) and if everyone gets used to Sunday evening being dungeon night they'd know to turn up with this in mind. This way no-one would have to commit to coming (and thus feel bad because they forgot or because family issues came up). Runs could go on all evening of various levels and if the evening would be devoted to dungeon runs people would probably be more inclined to take part, where as normally when we log on we usually have a goal in mind and don't like to be distracted from it. It could be the same on both horde and ally side and if one side was lacking in a member, they could pop over horde side and ask if anyone wants to come with their alt and vica versa.

But consider the above as a Plan B. I'd like to see first what kind of plan you have in mind Magryf, and knowing you've organized these a lot on previous games I'm sure it's a good one!

WoW:
Horde: Brambline [GM], Jezaline, Brula, Gruzie, Bita
Alliance: Lulai [GM], Shalestina, Felunia, Ferocia, Belaguine, Saphireena, Grunilla, Mitisa, Fasha, Ferabine

Pryderic
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:25 am 
I'm always up for a dungeon run when I happen to be on though I play Horde side only.

I know I managed to come along with SFK but crashed out 3/4 the way through and got Disconnected and couldn't get back on for ages by which time the rest of the people had already completed the run.

Anyway, I managed to fix that issue. If anyone is having display errors or want to get rid of glow effect to improve video stability, check out this page there's loads of info on it: http://www.wowblues.com/eu/403-known-pa ... 30202.html - There's various fixes etc on there.

Tripellian (Troll Druid)

Alliance:
Erinthia (Draenei Shaman)

Pryderic is son of the exiled witch Rhiannon born and raised in The Dustwallow Marsh now resurrected.

Sykonyx
Guild Mistress
<The Elders>

Master Scribe
Master Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:29 pm 
I think this idea will be great, last time i played i got my paladin to level 80 without visiting 1 dungeon, so i had no clue about end game content so my adventure was pretty much over, i think this will give people chance to do dungeons, learn how to play a specific role (the lovely Brambline/Fasha assisted me in tanking WC last night and really boosted my confidence) and being in an all guild group will allow people to play, make mistakes and learn without the usual comments of "OMG N00B" "L2P" and "kick tank/healer/dps" . Lerning is this kind of friendly atmosphere will make the game way more fun for some.

If you need any help organising dungeons/raids gimme a shout and i will do what i can

Damkina
Initiate
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:36 pm 
If I'm online I can help out with dungeons if I have characters that suit the levels. Just poke me :) I most often found on horde side though.

Board index » The Meeting Point » The Meeting Point: Dungeon Runs & Raids