Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: Zul'Gurub/Karazhan raid, Nov 6th
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:08 pm 
Hi Elders,

I'll organise an Alliance retro-raid on Saturday, November 6th, starting at 20.00 server time and lasting no more than two hours. Our goal is to do a quick Zul'Gurub for the Zulian mounts which won't be obtainable once patch 4.0.3 goes live on December 7th. After that, we will take a peek at legendary Medivh's tower, Karazhan.

We will meet at Zul'Gurub meeting stone in Stranglethorn Vale at 19.45.

Minimum level to enter Zul'Gurub is 60 and for Karazhan is 68, but level 70 is strongly preferred. You don't need any special gear for Zul'Gurub, but if you're level 60 or close, it's good to have as many Outland-quality pieces of gear as you can get. If you're level 70 or close and wish to enter Karazhan, it's good to have as many Northrend-quality pieces and maybe one or two pieces of Arcane resistance gear which is sometimes available cheap on the auction house.

After the raid, I'll organise a fun-run to complete the attunement quest chain for Karazhan and obtain the Master's Key which unlocks the barred door to Medivh's tower. The run involves visiting several TBC dungeons, namely The Arcatraz, The Steamvault, Shadow Labyrinth and Black Morass, preferrably on heroic just for the kicks. :mrgreen:

We will use standard RP loot rules: you can freely roll Need on gear you can wear or equip. We won't have a Master Looter.

The raid is meant as a guild event, all sign-ups are handled via the in-game calendar. If you're interested, please sign up and make the event happen.

For da warchief!

Zamarane

Suzhara
Alliance Matron
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: Re: Zul'Gurub/Karazhan raid, Nov 6th
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:41 am 
Oh! Saw this post just now (even though I've been to the forum in the past few days, but somehow I must have missed this) and I'll try to be there!

I've done Kara on Horde side with Suraj and it's such a beautiful place, I definitely want to see it again!

Lyrael

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:59 pm 
Would love it, tomorrow I should be able to tell if I can make it or not...

Thanks, Zamarane!

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:36 pm 
I'm sorry I couldn't make it on Saturday - truth is I clean forgot. My mind has been preoccupied with the bad news about my leg on friday - namely - after an x-ray they found out that my fracture has not mended, but is in fact twice as big than before and I will most likely need an operation and start this whole sick leave mess, cast etc mess again. I have a CAT scan tomorrow which will give them more info on what the fracture's true state is. But yeah in any case, I didn't remember much anything on the weekend. Also forgetting another wow engagement.

I hope you had a good time though!

Suzhara
Alliance Matron
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:28 am 
I'm sorry to hear that, Bramb. I wish you all the best and hope that it's not as bad as it seems right now.

As for Saturday, it was only the two of us. We tried for the mounts in Zul'Gurub (unsurprisingly they didn't drop) and then, because it was just the two of us, we did the quest chain to get the key for Karazhan.

It was fun for me, I did get to see a few more places I hadn't seen before. :-)

Theodomeus
Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Artisan Scribe
Artisan Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:20 am 
I am sorry to hear that about your leg, Bramb. *sends a Prayer of Mending*

Regarding the saturday run, it was my intent to join it, but my younger son has been sick during the weekend and, on the evening, we were simply too exhausted to do anything requiring more than one neuron (playing WoW requires two!)

Take care

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:04 am 
Suz: Sounds like it was fun anyhow! Me and Laerthas have been doing duo Zul'gurub runs lately and it's actually quite fun to duo these vanilla raids. I even had some traps along from Nat Pagle and fished up the boss that Zamarane was trying for us to get back a couple of weeks ago. Was good fun. Oh and thanks for the kind words of comfort! *hug*-

Theo: Sorry to hear about your son, it's so rough when kids are sick, it really has an impact on everything when it happens. I hope he gets better soon!

Fortunately I have good news from the cat scan today. It revealed that despite the fracture being indeed bigger, my body has been making new bone material really well (this is something the x-ray cannot reveal at such an early stage) so all is well, no operation needed thank goodness! I will however have to wear a special brace for 2 weeks because of the popping.

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:55 am 
Brambline wrote:
I will however have to wear a special brace for 2 weeks ...

As long as it is purple! :mrgreen:

Lyrael

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:19 pm 
Bramb, I am happy to hear that the bad news are milder than expected...

Oh, and sorry about saturday: I would have loved to see Karazhan (one of the few instances I never had a chance to play) but in the end my schedule didn't allow for that... Glad to know you had fun, nonetheless.

Board index » The Meeting Point » The Meeting Point: Dungeon Runs & Raids