Board index » The Meeting Point » The Meeting Point: Dungeon Runs & Raids

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: Molten Core/Karazhan raid, Sept 19th
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:50 pm 
I decided to organise an Alliance Molten Core/Karazhan run for Sunday, September 19th, starting at 19.00 server time and lasting no more than two and half hours. The raid is meant as a guild event, all sign-ups are handled via the in-game calendar. If you're interested, please sign up and make the raid happen. :)

The goal is to explore those two raid dungeons and have fun in the process, going forward at a steady pace. We will have time to RP if people desire, or to stop to take a screenie or two. It's not our intention to faceroll the content like we run the WotLK heroics these days, or zerg bosses only to loot epixx afterwards.

Minimum level to enter the Molten Core is 60. Minimum level to enter Karazhan is 68, but level 70 characters are strongly preferred. If you wish to join the MC part, please complete the MC attunement first. We will start at 18.30 server time at Morgan's Vigil in the Burning Steppes.

We will go by following loot distribution rules: we will have a Master Looter for rare and better items, and everybody is allowed to roll on BoP drops if they are able to equip them. We will raid-roll BoEs and non-binding items. Enchanting materials from disenchanted stuff will be raid-rolled at the end of the raid as well.

I'll bring few stacks of level 70 buff food, level 70 Guru's Elixirs and TBC temporary weapon enchants like Wizard oils/Sharpening stones. Please read on boss tactics, come with your gear repaired and have enough consumables for the whole run.

I suggest using the Deadly Boss Mods addon and a threat meter for happy-trigger DPS. Paladins, please have PallyPower installed.

Edit: typos.

Vanija
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject: Re: Molten Core/Karazhan raid, Sept 19th
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:37 am 
Assuming that this is a horde-side event:

Aargh......18:30 / 19:00 is a bit early for me, especially on the 19th as I've been in the other end of the country for my newest nephews christening.

I'll log on at some point when I get home to hear how things are going though .

Lyrael

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:59 am 
Zamarane, this is a very nice idea. Thank you for this.

Unfortunately I won't know if I can join until Sunday...

Suzhara
Alliance Matron
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:20 pm 
Thanks for organizing this, it sounds great and I'll try to make it.

Is there a good site to read up on raid tactics and stuff?

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:28 pm 
Vanija from Zamarane's description this seems to be ally side.

I'll certainly sign up and be there! Thanks for organizing this! I might even take some video capture and make an Elders movie out of it, we'll see.

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:40 pm 
Yes, the event will be run on the blue side of the pillow. If we get enough interest, I'd like to to organise something similar on the wild side too.

The best source for tactics for us is probably wowwiki, I provided link in the first post. The Molten Core doesn't require much tactics anyway. Karazhan is pretty easy too, altough some boses like Shade of Aran and Netherspite can wipe even a level 80 raid if we don't execute properly.

Theodomeus
Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Artisan Scribe
Artisan Scribe
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:44 pm 
I will try to be there, although most likely (99% chance) I won't be able to log in before 19:30 (The kids go to sleep at that time)

I would like to bring my warrior Maeglor (recently converted from Horde back to Alliance) but he is only 76 at the moment, so there might be some aggro concerns for the level 80s. If not possible, I could either bring the rogue or the priest.

Theo/Graugnir/Maeglor

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:10 pm 
Maeglor the sexy Tauren? :mrgreen:

We could summon Maeglor directly to the instance. So take your time, cuddle the kids and come when you're ready.

Zamarane
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:05 pm 
Latest update: Brambline broke her leg and might not be able to come. That leaves us with no proper tanks, and for Karazhan we really need one. If we don't get one, we might visit Zul'Gurub instead, since this troll raid will be gone in Cataclysm.

I have several stacks of elixirs and buff food ready for hungry adventurers. (Hungry for fame and fortune, of course!) I'll wait in Morgan's Vigil from 18.30 onwards. I'll bring Torianne since she has The Master's Key, required to open the barred door to Karazhan.

Z.

Board index » The Meeting Point » The Meeting Point: Dungeon Runs & Raids