Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:33 am 
Guys I have many thank yous I'd like to share:

Pancras and Drucil:

Thank you for that special night when we first went to the caverns and started brainstorming the idea. Thank you also for bringing your own magic to the event. It somehow enhanced the whole night club feel of the whole place! And thank you for sticking through to the very end.

Elders:

Thank you for being patient with me whilst I indulged in the excitement of the upcoming event and when I went on and on about the preparations.

Thank you for being so supportive and giving me the strength and motivation to see this huge endeavor through.

Thank you for spreading the word.

Thank you for coming out to Un'goro in such great numbers. We had tons of Elders there even though it was New Years eve!

Thank you to those who were busy with their RL new years but still had a peek or two for a brief moment. That meant a lot!

Thank you to the ones who bravely stuck through the whole night with me and my alt. Had you not stayed on, the place would have become empty. For those who do not know, we started out with tons of people but they started to dribble away and for a while it was dead, with just a handful of us elders left. But later on it picked up again and again there were tons of people. It really helped having that handful in the middle part though!

Thank you for bringing such wonderful roleplay to the event. (not that I had much time to enjoy it since I was juggling 2 accounts and lots of whispers at the same time, but I got little bits once in a while)

And lastly, thank you for being such wonderful, warm people. It's an honor to have you part of this guild! May your new year bring many good things and open many wonderful doors of opportunity!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm creating a video which is a compilation of the screenshots I got, but I desperately need more. Especially since all of them have Brambline in them because I rarely remembered to use the first person camera to "look around". It would be nice to get shots from other perspectives too hehe. If you could either post them here or to my email address aru dot kilpailu at gmail dot com, I'd be very thankful!

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:23 pm 
I posted my own screenshots I took last night into the Events section. There are 37 images (around 13 MB worth of data) that will load on one page so better let it load in peace and go get a cup of coffee meanwhile hehe!

37 screenshots from the party

Now I just need to add captions with the names of the party-goers, so if you recognise yourself, respond to the thread indicating which pic.

Drucil

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:04 pm 
Thank you for the wonderful party! The place looked amazing with lots of people dancing and the music really suited the atmosphere. I was surprised to find out that I didn't hate the music even though it was not my favourite type at all. It was a magical night and I'm so glad I had a chance to experience a virtual New Year's party. I'm very proud of the Elders and all the RP people who made this happen. And especially I admire Brambline's enthusiasm which really made it happen. And thanks for Pancras for being totally adorable. :)

Fey

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:54 pm 
A big well done to all that organised and took part is this evening. For my part it was fun and enjoyable, particularly to get together with Elders from Alliance side.

From what I saw, It was also nice that is was well supported and well behaved by those that attended from other guilds, probably as a result of having it so far away from cities and starter areas!

Sorry I couldn't spend longer there, but had to juggle RL and WOW during the evening to keep everyone happy.

Happy new year all!

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:37 pm 
Well it's been a few days now and the only one who was able to give me some screenshots was Drucil (thanks Drucil!) so I went ahead and made the little memory video along with a nice trance tune. It really brings to life the atmosphere when you see the screenies and hear music as well so I'm glad I did it!

About the trance music as a choice of music for that night. Trance is certainly not my personal favorite, but sometimes it really serves it's purpose. Either when I'm trying to get work done in a hurry, or for an energetic party atmosphere. In the case of the latter it worked well, especially since the caverns are so "trancy", what with all the crystals and colorful lights. I scanned through quite a few trance radio channels trying to find one that played less irritable trance and not the stuff that is very close to house with the pumping and grinding, rather something that has a beat going but doesn't distract you from your own thoughts of the conversations you're having. So knowing that you Drucil are not fan of trance, it makes me very happy to hear you were able to endure it all night. It makes me feel like I succeeded in the choices I made hehe! And yeah, I hardly noticed it either, the beat was there to keep the feeling upbeat, but it wasn't bothering me at any point.

Fey you were marvelous and really gave the evening a lot with your attendance. It was cool that you used that spell to duplicate your character once in a while too, made it look fuller hehe! And Fey, btw looked gorgeous! Well all you ladies did. And the fellers looked dashing of course too :).

It's only been a few days and already now I have lovely wistful feelings about the party. So maybe... just maybe we might make it a tradition, let's see.

Board index » The Meeting Point » The Meeting Point: Social Events