Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject: The Elders New Years Bash 2010
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:01 am 
Hey everyone!

Our guild will be hosting the most epic and unforgettable new years party that World of Warcraft has ever seen. Since a picture speaks more than a thousands words, just take a gander at this!

View the full sized image here to get a better idea of just how awesome this is going to be. Thanks to Pancras and Drucil from the horde side for helping me brainstorm this idea and for posing for the picture!

As you can see, the caverns of Marshal's refuge are the perfect place for a hot steamy night of drinking, dancing, brawling, flirting, mingling, magic, acrobatics and whatever else people get up to when under the influence of Azerothian alcohol!

The concept for the party is very simple:
- I will advertise this thing amongst all of the roleplaying servers - and with that flyer, rest assured that people from all over will be flocking to the Sha'tar come New Years Eve.
- There will be no official staff on hand, instead everyone and anyone who feels like serving, performing, stripping, etc etc is free to do so.
- I will make suggestions in my advert posts that mages form "bars" all through the caverns using Ritual of Refreshment. (as can be seen on the left portion of the image). Mages can even do this side by side to resemble long bar stands.
- Both horde and alliance are welcome. Since this is not a PvP server I highly doubt everyone will start fighting, I think they'll be too hyped up about this unique opportunity to experience a night club atmosphere in WoW. Some will of course fight, but I think it will add a fun element of "bar brawls" to the scene. The atmosphere needs to be packed full of excitement and tension! Lots of drama, lots of emotion.

So, just to make sure everyone understands: This event will require no work from our part what so ever. Of course if someone wants to take on a role of for instance waitressing or summoning newbies arriving from other servers, go right ahead. But the whole idea will be that everyone that will be there, can do whatever they like without anyone trying to control the situation or give orders.

This is going to be awesome! I can hardly wait!

Last edited by Brambline on Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:51 am 
Oh and PS: I'm still working on the text to advertise this event with on the forums. So if anyone has suggestions and ideas or sees flaws with the plan, now is the time to speak up :).

Mirindel

Newcomer
Newcomer
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:28 pm 
Ooh... the picture is amazing and I'm sure the party will be too! I'm so excited about it! I will have to pass on rl invitations because Drucil will want to come and party. :D

Only thing I'm worried about right now is that we might make the server crash. :wink:

Suzhara
Alliance Matron
<The Elders>

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:57 am 
This sounds really fantastic and the banner is brilliant!

Unfortunately, I already have RL plans (a friend is visiting me and we're probably going out), but I'm sure it's going to be great! :-)

Maybe someone can make lots of screenshots to share them in the forum!

Pancras
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:52 am 
Yeah! Can't wait.
Those caves are seriously perfect, I'm totally lost as to why nobody else has picked them before.

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:15 pm 
Oh I know Pancras! Ever since I first stepped into that cave and each time visiting it since then, I've thought what a perfect place it would be for a party. But yeah, I've never heard of anyone doing there either. Probably because of the level required to get there in the first place. And isn't it so that it was only in recent years that they brought the flightpath there?

Anyhow, I've now posted an advert up to the following forums, so if you're interested in following how people react, here are the links with the amount of comments so far in brackets:

The Sha'tar (21)

Roleplaying (0)

Events and Fan creations (0)

Other RP Servers:
-----------------------------

Argent Dawn (36)

Darkmoon Faire (0)

Defias Brotherhood (26)

Earthen Ring (4)

Moonglade (32)

Ravenholdt (17)

Scarshield Legion (14)

Sporeggar (5)

Steamwheedle Cartel (17)

The Venture Co. (0)

PS: I just realized something... since all those posts have my signature, there will probably be a ton of people looking at it, then checking our site and going: Hmm... I might just roll a character on Shatar and check that guild out. Wouldn't it be nice if this brought in a whole lot of new members too!

Last edited by Brambline on Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:03 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Pancras
Rank 3
<The Elders>

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:40 am 
I am majorly disheartened by the responses that consist of "I'd rather go out and get wasted" or "This is SAD".

We can't be the only ones who don't see the appeal in going out to get wasted. More like wasted money...

And for them to call it sad? Apparently you forget what others outside of Warcraft think of your hobby, little boys!

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:01 am 
Heheh yeah I saw the irony in that too. They are ones to speak - sheesh!

But don't feel blue Pancras. For every whiner, there has been ten fold more rushing in to defend us and wish us luck. Well except for a couple of especially nasty servers. Actually something funny happened. A person from the nastiest server of all (Defias) rolled a character tonight and whispered me. Here's what he had to say:

Ain't that just the sweetest thing to hear after all that negativity on the forums? Awww!

Besides, there is one positive thing to those trollers - they generate attention to the posts and for the most part, help to place us in a sympathetic light causing people to actually feel warmer feelings for our efforts than they would have if there would have been no conflict to begin with! So I for one say: "BRING IT ON!"

Lyrael

Grand Master Scribe
Grand Master Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:59 pm 
I praise your spirit and initiative, Brambline!

Unfortunately I will be on a trip with some friends and unable to attend, but I wish you to have tons of fun. :)

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:45 am 
No worries and have a great new years Lyrael! :-)

Folks tonight a prepared a video to both promote the event and give some instructions for how the people from other servers can get there. Thought you might like to see it as well :-).

Oh and please press the "HQ" button to see in high quality. The normal quality sucks!

Theodomeus
Alliance Patron
<The Elders>

Artisan Scribe
Artisan Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:19 pm 
Hehe, awesome video, Brambline!

We are staying home (as you write in some of the forums, it's a normal evening for us) but are expecting some visitors, so I will not be able to join the party. Shame, really.

I might log for a few minutes here and there to see how it goes, though.

/bow

Theodomeus / Urohe / Graugnir

Onathe

Newcomer
Newcomer
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:47 pm 
Another thing You can maybe add is;
A taxi-service!

People who have the motorbike or travellers mammoth can then "drive" the people from CoT towards the party.
Would cause less deaths for the level 1 people and its a bit like a real party...
Been drinkin' too much? just call the cab :lol:

Lorellin

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:14 pm 
You're all amazing.

I will be there if I can possibly make it. We certainly won't be going out this year, but I don't yet know if anyone accepted our half-hearted invitations to come for a night at our place. :D *coughIhopenotcough* ;P

Brambline
Rank 2
<The Elders>

Mama
Mama
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:37 pm 
Elvaera: Yeah there are many awesome things that one could do. I listed some in my post on those forums and was actually mentioning the taxi service as well.

The only problem is that I don't want to obligate anyone to any tasks that evening - instead I want people to do these things out of their own motivation to do so. It's going to be such an awesome party that I wouldn't want anyone to feel left out of the fun, so for those who actually want to do various stuff, I say go for it. Here's the section I mentioned in my forum posts on doing stuff:

3) Think of what you'd like to do at a party
Although the majority of folks will be mingling, dancing and strutting their stuff up and down the passages - there may be some of you who have always dreamt of working at a night club. Want to gather a good stock of booze and sell it to the customers as a waiter? Feel like dropping your clothes and dancing up on a rock under a beam of light? Know some cool magic tricks to entertain and amaze people with? Maybe you own a chopper or mammoth and would like to run your own taxi business selling rides from outside "the club". How about acting as a Paparazzi, taking screenshots of the best and worst dressed, perhaps eavesdropping on scandalous conversations and writing up a report the next day! There are a multitude of fun things you could do from the business / good Samaritan perspective, imagination is your only obstacle, so go for it! We (The Elders) will probably set up some mages to create bar stands like you see in the image, but other than that, the Elders will not be arranging any official staff, so feel free to take the stage!

So if any of you feel like doing something like that, feel free, but remember that I've also urged everyone else to take part - so don't feel like it's our task as a guild. I've set the party up with this kind of system and everyone is aware of that so people should not be expecting stuff from us. As far as obligations go, I've only obligated myself as someone who will help people get there if they need it.

I hope that all the elders who are coming do try to get your flightpaths before thursday night because the more time I can spend enjoying the party as well, the better :-). Brambline has a chopper over here on the horde side and Shalestina is a warlock for the ally side. Just let me know if you need any help!

Lorellin

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:46 am 
And of course I entirely forgot to mention:

Should anyone need transport on the Horde side, both my Mage, Inzilbeth and my Warlock (Echraide) are ready and willing to help. My Mage is sadly not high enough level to transport anyone to Dalaran, but can do portals to Shattrath instead, which is almost as good, I hope! I haven't decided who will be attending the party from my characters, but I'll probably do some jumping between Horde and Alliance anyway!

Board index » The Meeting Point » The Meeting Point: Social Events