Board index » The Meeting Point » The Meeting Point: Social Events

Moundoum
Initiate
<The Elders>

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
 Post subject: (Ryldor vs Omahame) Great Elders Fight Night
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:47 am 
So, due to Ryldor's Primordial Saronite testes, flexing of muscles and being generally atleast a bit rude to Ms. Omahame, we have now come to this: We need to fix a Elders fight night!

Though it sounds bloody, I think it can be very fun event. There's already some support for the event on FB. Let's see if we can fix this.

I have once partly attended one similar event held at Gurubashi Arena with betting booth and fireworks after tournament. It was based on real pvp-skills, but there can be different categories like 1) real pvp tournament or supporting acts and main fight, 2) more like rehearsed scripted free-styled acts, 3) Spontaneous challenges, 4) Last man standing kind of competition or 5) Gladiator-styled big match like Elder hc-pvp team vs rest of the Elders. Just need to choose few preferred numbers for our show.

We could need the following things and persons:
- date, time (there's always ppl at Arena during Sir John Mithril trinket times) and enough participators
- organizer (presumably with a goblin toon that is self-centered all-too-long-talking goblin)
- ppl to take bets on fights
- depending on chosen form of night: volunteer fighters
- fireworks organizer
- someone singing karaoke all the time (or something as merry)
- backup plan for griefing (eg. duels nearby, I have played all my life on pvp-server and don't know how the pvp-flagging goes on other servers)

Ideas, interest, what else?

Alts [H]: Omahame (pigtailed rogue stuns people at arenas and scratches the backs of raid bosses), Behure (noble paladin heals battlegrounds and arenas), Kalmavena (angry goblin girl tanks huge monsters without fear and stubbornly dies at bgs).

Laile
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
 Post subject: Re: (Ryldor vs Omahame) Great Elders Fight Night
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:58 pm 
Hmm, sounds like this could actually be good fun and... could it not also be cross-faction (for Elders that is), or is that just too complicated?

Moundoum
Initiate
<The Elders>

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:32 pm 
Laile wrote:
Hmm, sounds like this could actually be good fun and... could it not also be cross-faction (for Elders that is), or is that just too complicated?

You know prob better than me how the communication on cross-faction event could be done?

Alts [H]: Omahame (pigtailed rogue stuns people at arenas and scratches the backs of raid bosses), Behure (noble paladin heals battlegrounds and arenas), Kalmavena (angry goblin girl tanks huge monsters without fear and stubbornly dies at bgs).

Laile
Rank 5
<The Elders>

Journeyman Scribe
Journeyman Scribe
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:35 pm 
Cross faction communication I hear is frowned upon in the T&Cs, however... There is RealID or of course a chat client of some description like Skype or MSN.

Mind you I've only attended one or two events that actually worked all that well using the latter method, never seen it done using Real ID though.

Board index » The Meeting Point » The Meeting Point: Social Events