|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Brambline [ Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:03 am ]|
|Post subject:||Guild Rules|
The general aim of the guild is to keep the atmosphere as relaxed and stress free as possible. However we do have a few small rules we'd like you to abide by:
1) We only accept members who are 25 years of age or older (no exceptions)
2) We expect members to respect and abide by the special RP server rules at all times (remember, you are representing us as a guild when you're out there)
3) For WoW applicants, we only accept characters into the guild which have names that do not break the Blizzard Naming policies. Read through these rules carefully if you are unsure.
Blizzard Naming Policy
Blizzard RP server Naming Policy
For SWTOR applicants, similar rules apply, just the Star Wars version of them. The main things to remember:
- No names that do not fit into the Star Wars theme
- No names that have a strong modern day country reference to them, which a fellow countryman could immediately recognise as being a name in their own language.
- No names which are mimicking or sounding like any famous Star Wars characters
- Names should sound like actual names versus words. So try and imagine the situation where the parents of your character were naming their child that and consider whether it's a name that could have been actually given to someone.
We are extremely laid back in pretty much everything else, but naming we're strict on. So just a warning :-)
4) We expect members to stay friendly and considerate towards one another (but that's a given for any guild)
5) We expect members to use:
/guild for OOC (Out of Character / RL discussion)
/officer for IC (In Character / role-playing discussion)
Now comes the fun part, namely all the stuff you DON'T have to do, which most other guilds would normally expect!
1) You don't have to help your fellow guild members.
We understand that one can't always be in the mood to help out and some days you just want to log on and grind, RP or do something else that relieves you from any sense of obligation. If a guild member asks for your help, you are absolutely free to say "Sorry mate, not in the mood today".
2) You do not have to contribute any items or any money to the guild bank.
Our bank is a "one man's junk is another man's treasure" sort of place, so anything that's either picked up or left in there should be done so with this in mind. This also means you don't have to ask permission or let anyone know if you've taken something out. The guild ranks have varying restrictions on how much can be taken out daily anyhow.
3) You don't have to be around.
The guild is like a big cosy home, keeping it's doors wide open for members to come and go as they please. Need to be away for a few weeks? A few months? A few years? Fine and dandy with us! We don't delete inactive users and anyone returning will be greeted just like it was yesterday. We understand that adult lives are hectic and needs come and go.
4) You don't have to be chatty, active or helpful.
Some of our members are extremely sociable, but we also have very quiet folks who just putter around doing their own thing and might not put in a single word during an evening. Perhaps they just get a sense of comfort from our presence, so it feels like they're not in the game alone. This is absolutely fine!
5) You don't have to register or sign up to the guild site or forum
A lot of guilds actually require this, but the way I see it, things can be handled within the frame of the WoW world and the tools provided just fine. I see the guild website and forum as a nice "extra on the side" that people are free to join in on, or leave completely out if they so wish.
6) You don't have to you leave your alts behind
We are not interested in your class, your race, your faction or which particular character you happen to be playing with - instead we are only interested in your lovely company! For this reason, you are welcome to bring as many alts to the guild as you like. There are no restrictions. You may also have alts on both the ally and horde sides - in fact this is warmly recommended to get the most out of this special guild. If you need an alt added, read this post for instructions how.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC + 1 hour|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group